Old 12-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
ROCCOP
PQL Visitor

Default Quantum Leap Season 4 DVD March 28th 2006

I just saw this posted on Amazon. Finally Season 4 on March 28th!

--Rocco--

Last edited by alsplacebartender; 12-18-2005 at 10:44 PM.
ROCCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Alan
PQL Visitor

Smile quantum leap season 4 dvd

it may be march in the U.S for Season 4 for you guys so that probably means we wont see it untill august next year here in the uk

Regards Alan
Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
Al's Cigar
Imaging Chamber Technician

And with the music replaced on the R1, who'd buy it?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #4
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Default Bonus or bogus?

I got an email that got me all excited announcing bonus features on the s4 release, but when I followed the link, was it interviews with cast? No
Was it out-takes? No
Was it anything vaguely QL related?
Well that depends on how you define vague I guess:

Quote: "The set will also contain a 30 minute featurette titled "The Great 80's TV Flashback," which will also appear on the third season of Murder, She Wrote, Charles In Charge and Gimme A Break!

Gimme a break indeed!

It does say that an episode from s5 will be on the dvd too, but no word as to which one.

Here is the link if you want to read for yourselves:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4707

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1
I got an email that got me all excited announcing bonus features on the s4 release, but when I followed the link, was it interviews with cast? No
Was it out-takes? No
Was it anything vaguely QL related?
Well that depends on how you define vague I guess:

Quote: "The set will also contain a 30 minute featurette titled "The Great 80's TV Flashback," which will also appear on the third season of Murder, She Wrote, Charles In Charge and Gimme A Break!

Gimme a break indeed!

It does say that an episode from s5 will be on the dvd too, but no word as to which one.

Here is the link if you want to read for yourselves:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4707
I do believe this to be true, as Universal has also been promoting future seasons of other shows (for example Knight Rider and the A-Team) with a bonus episode from another season or another (Universal) show.

Personally, i believe this to be a nice gesture, as i've given up hope on QL documentaries and commentaries a long time ago.

I do wonder which episode it will be, as a great deal of episodes in that season wouldn't really fit as a single (bonus) release (Trilogy, Evil Leaper episodes, the final episode, LHO two-parter).
Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 PM   #6
Sauron

Default Features...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock
I do believe this to be true, as Universal has also been promoting future seasons of other shows (for example Knight Rider and the A-Team) with a bonus episode from another season or another (Universal) show.

Personally, i believe this to be a nice gesture, as i've given up hope on QL documentaries and commentaries a long time ago.

I do wonder which episode it will be, as a great deal of episodes in that season wouldn't really fit as a single (bonus) release (Trilogy, Evil Leaper episodes, the final episode, LHO two-parter).
First: Episode: I'd say it's gonna be "A Tale of Two Sweaties", or "Memphis Melody" or "Dr. Ruth". It could be possible that they put one of the "Trilogy", maybe the first, but I go more for "Memphis Melody".

Second: Awful features! Is that the reason why they're not releasing it in december? Oh, damn! "Just to shut them up and make them purchase, anyway", Universal says.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #7
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBeckettfann
man that sux, but its really no surprise, the other DVDs dont have any bonus stuff. plus the site that you got that from may have given false information unless it was an offical site of some kind.
But you know how notorious Universal, "the powers that be", or whoever at giving false information. Case in point--S2 R1...it says on the box that there are bonus features, yet there aren't any. Yeah, I know I did a topic on this, but im still bothered by it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al's Cigar
And with the music replaced on R1, who'd buy it?
Those who don't have a choice, like me . I live in the US and dont have a free region player nor can afford one, lol.

Samantha Beckett
Old 12-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Sauron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBeckettfann
thats not actually what they said was it?
Don't know, but you can always go to ask them out... Probably they won't care so much, though, but well, that's not so much of a surprise with this damn studio.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:33 PM   #9
JuliaM
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al's Cigar
And with the music replaced on the R1, who'd buy it?
I guess that would be me. Frankly the music being replaced really doesn't bother me and I've probably only noticed where it's happened maybe once or twice. For the most part, for me, the music doesn't really matter as it only serves as a background for me and not an intergral part of the story. I want the DVD's to have the stories - not the music.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:40 PM   #10
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me either, except when it comes to MIA. It's not the same without "Georgia On My Mind" and that really makes me mad !

Samantha Beckett
Old 12-18-2005, 12:16 AM   #11
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

You know I just don't get it???? they "Universal" know that we will buy QL DVD's no matter how long we must wait. Even without any "real" bonus features.

How I long for them to be nice to us QL fans! But I know its not going to happen any time soon!!!!!!!!

Julie
Old 12-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #12
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellissa
You know I just don't get it???? they "Universal" know that we will buy QL DVD's no matter how long we must wait. Even without any "real" bonus features.

How I long for them to be nice to us QL fans! But I know its not going to happen any time soon!!!!!!!!

Julie
you know, there was an interview somewhere, i forget were with Scott talking abvut the forth season dvd, or something like that and he said that they had putn together some killer bloopers that the leapers would get a kick out of? or something along those lines.

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:44 AM   #13
Grimlock
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha_Beckett
But you know how notorious Universal, "the powers that be", or whoever at giving false information. Case in point--S2 R1...it says on the box that there are bonus features, yet there aren't any. Yeah, I know I did a topic on this, but im still bothered by it, lol.
That site is usually very reliable. Offcourse, they only publish what Universal tells them, but still. Also, this time around the extra's are specifically listed, whereas for Season 2 (R1) it was only vaguely mentioned on the packaging that there would be extra's.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 AM   #14
Al's Cigar
Imaging Chamber Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoniz
I guess that would be me. Frankly the music being replaced really doesn't bother me and I've probably only noticed where it's happened maybe once or twice. For the most part, for me, the music doesn't really matter as it only serves as a background for me and not an intergral part of the story. I want the DVD's to have the stories - not the music.
Weird. Especially as the music is so integral to the time travel element, creating mood and atmosphere and in one case MIA very important to the 'story'.

I'll be buying the definitive R2 release. Why shortchange yourself afterall?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:43 AM   #15
Captain John Beckett
PQL Visitor

Do we know for a fact that the music on season 4 is going to be replaced with some of that elevator music junk like the other 3 seasons? I love the stories also, but the music I think is part of the stories. If the music is replaced I'll feel cheated but you know I'll still buy it.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:31 AM   #16
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Let's not forget:

Universal could pay for the rights to use the original music. They just choose not to.

And... the music companies could just not charge so much money to use the original music. But they choose to price-gouge.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #17
Sermon
PQL Visitor

Default Season 4 (R1) - bonus episode revealed

Quantum Leap: The Complete Fourth Season is a three-disc set ( 3xDVD18 ) with episodes presented in 1.33:1 Full Frame with English Stereo audio and optional English SDH and Spanish subtitles. Extras include an episode from Season 5 ("Liberation") and The Great '80s TV Flashback.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #18
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Where'd you find that confirmation?

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 01-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #19
Sermon
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
Where'd you find that confirmation?
Found it at DVDTimes.co.uk - here's the link:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59461
Old 01-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #20
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

cool... thanks!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
Old 01-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #21
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Eh, they could've picked a better episode from season 5 but thats great! My vote would've been for Killin' Time or something.

Samantha Beckett
Old 01-22-2006, 12:45 AM   #22
DivadSB
Waiting Room Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha_Beckett
Eh, they could've picked a better episode from season 5 but thats great! My vote would've been for Killin' Time or something.

Samantha Beckett

Yes,the bonus episode of the fifth season is "Liberation",when Sam leaps into the life of Margaret Sanders who must prevent his daughter from getting killed in a violent protest.In my opinion,it's one of the best dramatic episodes.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #23
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivadSB
Yes,the bonus episode of the fifth season is "Liberation",when Sam leaps into the life of Margaret Sanders who must prevent his daughter from getting killed in a violent protest.In my opinion,it's one of the best dramatic episodes.
Oh, i like the episode. I think it's a great dramtic ep as well with a good "moral" at the end (for lack of a better term, haha). I'm just saying there are better eps (in my opinion) that they could've picked. Well, Killin' Time is my fave ep of Season 5, and close to my favorite of the entire series, so I would've liked the "bonus ep" to be that so I could watch it all the time. LOL

Samantha Beckett
Old 01-22-2006, 08:54 PM   #24
QL Nut
Project Observer

Too little, too late, if you ask me. Why bother by this point? But I still have hope that Season 5 will have some real features. Hopefully the series will wrap up the same way they brought it in on DVD.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #25
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

I was not a big fan of Liberation. I too would have perfered Kill'in Time
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote