I need Sam to Leap into my life

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
Prayers, pixie dust, positive thoughts - whatever you faith may be - I need all the positivity I can muster.
Just got told today that I am being made redundant as of Aug 31st.
Wouldn't have been too drastic if not for fact that hubby lost his job at Easter.

I'm so sorry to hear that! :cry **Hugs**

I'll be sending lots of prayers your way. You can contact me anytime you need someone to talk to.

So sorry to hear that, my dear friend. :( Will definitely keep you and your hubby in my prayers that you'll each find the perfect new job, and soon! {{hugs}}

Eleiece

Wish me luck

I have my appeal hearing in the morning against proposed redundancy.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Any prayers, pixie dust, good wishes, positive thoughts or whatever you can send my way would be much appreciated.

Sending plenty. Give it your best shot. It they still insist at least you know you've tried your best. Of course I wish you that you succeed!

Well as expected the appeal failed.
Today was my last day at work.
Have to go in next week to clear my office out.

One good thing came out of the appeal. The governors have agreed to sponsor me up to a maximum of £750 to take a training course of my choice to help me get another job. I have to tell them before the end of August which course I'm signing up for.
Trawling through for something with broad application. Will probably end up doing a First Aid course. Got tempted to do sign language, but it is a six month course and is a bit too expensive.

Applied for eight jobs over the past week and a half. One interview, but didn't hear back from them as promised on Tuesday so assuming I got nowhere. Stacking up rejection emails.

David is trying to set up his own e-Learning Consultancy business, but even if it takes off it will take a year or so before it makes a living wage.
Next step is selling the house, using my redundancy payout to put 6 months down on a rental property.

I keep trying to take comfort in the thought that all this is because He has a plan that He just hasn't let us in on yet. Right now, that isn't exactly easy. :(