1313 For Susannah

What is your rating of this episode?

• 5 -- This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 -- This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 -- This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 -- Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
For Susannah

June 10, 1983
Springfield, Massachusetts

Sam leaps into Tyler, a computer programmer with a beautiful wife and a deaf daughter. Is he there to stop Lyssa from being killed by her own jealous husband, or to discover who the real killer is?

Written by: Shelbey Wright

Thanks for reading,
The Quantum Leap Team

Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.3

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

It's a good simple story. it's the first time we see a deaf child under the age of 5.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ziggy's Soul:

Wow! Great story. Well written. Every time there was a question as to what was happening and why, it was answered. Kept the flow of the story well paced.

I don't want to give away any spoilers so suffice to say the story has drama, humour, angst, and certainly takes our intrepid leaping doctor into unchartered territory.

Looking forward to further work from this author.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:

A great story from a new author. I enjoyed the way finally got thru to Susannah. Putting the stalker in his place a great job. I would give this "episode" a "8". Hope to see more from this author. Good job!

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

This little gem of a story is flawless from leap-in to leap-out. My favorite aspect of “For Susannah” is how easily Sam fits into Tyler’s life, almost like a hand in a familiar glove. The scene that melted me was Lyssa gently removing the book about signing from Sam’s hand as he slept.

“For Susannah” was excellent from start to finish. Shelby, you have such a gift for telling a story with clarity and effortless ease, and all I can say is keep up the great work. You can bet your socks, I’m already looking forward to more wonderful stories from you.

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gooshie

Ziggy's Soul pretty much summed up my views on this episode: it was well written with an evenly paced plotline and developed characters. It was original, provoking, and overall an excellent read.

It felt like it could have aired as an episode from the original TV series, minus the updates to Sam's and Al's lives.

Keep up the good work!

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

It has come to this rater's attention that anything written by this author will be an awesome story, period. She's flawless, it appears, and writes with passion. There's no stopping this one. In one word: Awesome.

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm the first non-official rater to comment on this story.
I'm wayyy behind in my reading, surely someone else has enjoyed this story before me?

I would like to echo the comments of the raters above - an excellent first outing from a new writer, one whom I will most definitely be looking out for in the future.

Susannah is written with such sensitivity that I am drawn to the conclusion that a similar young lady must feature somewhere in the writer's own life. If not, then the talent is even greater!

I worked out quite early who the guilty party was - and was screaming silently at Sam not to put Lyssa in the car with him! - but it did not detract from the drama at all that I had sussed it out.

Brava, bravissima! Encore.

asearcher said:
This is actually the 2nd TVS story that this author has written. Her debut was during last season

"Throwaway Girl" (http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/virtualseasons/season12/1214.html)

which was equally a great story. I'm also familiar with the writer from the Star Trek ENT fanfiction (INCREDIBLE) and she has written one of the best QL/ENT crossover stories I've ever read.

"For Susannah" is a truly exceptional story!

Ah yes, I have read that one, but hadn't remembered it was the same author.
Another sensational story - not an easy read in some respects (poor Sam) but powerfully written.

Definitely a writer to watch.