205 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Total voters
A combination of the ratings falling and the show being taken in a direction that many did not like (e.g. evil leapers, leaping into the lives of real people...)

Also, NBC was making some really dumb decisions around the time QL was cancelled (1993). Cheers had its swan song in '92, and the shows (along with Cheers) that made NBC the #1 network in the '80s---The Cosby Show, Night Court, The A-Team, St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, L.A. Law, Family Ties, The Facts of Life, and I believe others I'm forgetting now---were either long gone or on their last legs. The shows NBC used to replace the old ones (with the exception of a Friends here or a Seinfeld there) were nowhere as good. Apparently the network thought its success in the '80s would carry over to later decades. It was wrong.

Also, NBC was making some really dumb decisions around the time QL was cancelled (1993). Cheers had its swan song in '92, and the shows (along with Cheers) that made NBC the #1 network in the '80s---The Cosby Show, Night Court, The A-Team, St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, L.A. Law, Family Ties, The Facts of Life, and I believe others I'm forgetting now---were either long gone or on their last legs. The shows NBC used to replace the old ones (with the exception of a Friends here or a Seinfeld there) were nowhere as good. Apparently the network thought its success in the '80s would carry over to later decades. It was wrong.

Whoops! Cheers said good-bye in '93, not '92. My apologies.

This is a great episode. Favorite scenes: Sam/Scott playing Chopsticks and any time he's interacting with Chopin. Al talking about the girl who played the "oldsies with her toesies" and Al telling Chopin his mother was afraid of cats. :lol

lol I love the scene when Al tells Chopin his mother was afraid of cats. The whole thing is so Al.

Chopin was awesome and it was really lovely the way Sam interacted with him.

I just thought of something about this episode - Sam leapt into this situation to save Michelle from the strangler. Why didn't Ziggy pick up on the fact that Andrew's French neighbour would also be victim to the strangler and tell Sam to try to save her as well?

Another episode with a very classic vibe to it. The music, the scenes, the situations. It's very hard not to recognize anything from this episode. The characters were well-developed, but I didn't really like Michelle. Of course I hate the mother, haha!, but I didn't find her too unrelatable to reality, either.

Pete was very one-dimensional but fun. I found all the "suspense" parts really funny in this episode and even cartoonish to some extent (for example, when the French girl is strangled in the park, that was sort of a "well, wait a minute..." funny reaction). Didn't like how they sometimes used the same footage from a previous scene.

I thought the ending was a bit rushed. I agree with isz about the "you can't change a POV with a matter of seconds" opinion to a certain point: Sometimes, when the world crumbles to some people, and they are proved wrong about something (probably about who or what they never trusted, like in this case), they can actually change, if deep inside (very, very deep, indeed) they have a shred of goodness. That's what I think happened to the mother (she thought she may have misjudged him), so it may not be a cop-out, after all.

My rating: Average. Classic, but not one of QL's best, in my humble opinion.

Never really noticed before (it must have been the HD that made me realise this time!) but wow, that's some impressive piano playing from Bakula!

There is some men who will always be sexy no matter what age, i remember watching Sean Connery in Medicine Man and there was one scene where I just thought, if that man kissed me, I swear I'd faint. Lucky i was sitting down watching it 'cause I'd have gone weak at the knees.

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought Sam's hair was too long in that season. ;)

Yeah I don't like her attitude and the way she slaps her daughter for standing up and disagreeing with her point of views. That scene kind of made me wish Sam had not been busy playing a concert so he could set her stright about hitting her child.

I thought her character was too contrived though, like all of the sudden at the end the mother was like "I have my own life," and following Sam to Andrew's apartment - creepy.

I was just about to say that! ^ Yes, he played Doc's reflection! With glasses, too!

I loved the concerto part. Scott plays beautifully. The smothering mother reminded me of some helicopter parenting I've seen. I couldn't figure out why, if Michele was so miserable with still being under her mother's rule, she hasn't left and gone out on her own yet. I guess she was never taught how to be an independent adult. Shame.

Interesting twist with who turned out to be the Central Park strangler. I hate that Sam wasn't able to intervene in the French neighbor's death.

Al was great in this one. I literally laughed out loud at the scene where he teased Chopin and then laughed about it, insisting to Sam that yes, it was funny. Because it was. (Full disclosure: It takes a *lot* to make me literally LOL.)

This episode gets a Good rating from me.

The fantastic start to this season continues with a great little story. From the beginning scene with Sam playing chopsticks to racing through the park while battling temporary blindness this episode delivers on all fronts.

The stand out character here has to be Chopin. That dog is just too darn cute. The way he accepts Sam and then helps him at the end is wonderful to see. Michelle's mother, Agnes is an interesting character. She's cold and vicious and generally awful throughout the episode, but I did wind up feeling a little bit of sympathy for her. Ultimately, she's just a sad, broken woman, desperately trying to keep hold of her daughter to such a degree that she's suffocating her. I really felt for Michelle, though, as well. I'm glad that all parties here reached a good ending.

The only negative aspect to the episode is Pete, really. He's just so obviously the killer that he might as well have it written on his forehead. It's not just that he acts slightly off-kilter, it's also because this episode didn't have enough characters. There should have been at least one other male character to keep the whodunnit aspect of the ep alive. One other small drawback is Sam genuinely going blind for a while. Another part of the story that seemed slightly unoriginal. Although I did like someone else's thought on here that GTFW allowed this to happen so matters could be fixed with Michelle and her mother.

My rating. Excellent. One of my favourites from season 2.