Two Ironic News Articles

ohboy

Project QL Intern
May 27, 2008
Northern California
I had to laugh at these two articles on the "Off Topic" of our local newspaper, the Record Searchlight.
==========================================================
"Jewelry Robbers Fleeced as they Flee

Milwaukee-- Two robbers leaving a Milwaukee jewelry store with cash and gems didn't get far with the loot - another group of thieves robbed them as the pair left the crime scene.

Police Lt. Thomas Welch says a fight broke out in the street Wednesday before the groups got in vehicles and a chase ensued.

Welch says officers pulled over both vehicles and arrested four people, including the orignal two robbers, ages 40 and 31, adn two men from the second group, ages 22 and 27.

But he says police didn't recover any cash or jewelry and are searching for more suspects."
========================================================
"Woman Accused of Assault on Principal

Providence, R.I - A Rhode Island woman is accused of punching and biting her 11-year-old son's school principal after she was told the boy was being suspended for three days - for refusing to go to a room for misbehaving studnets."
=========================================================

Usually, I never comment on things like this, but now it would be criminal not to. What can I say? I almost fell off my chair laughing.

And Jaycol, you're so right. That's what the world's coming to these days. That's exactly one of the many points that Cormac McCarthy makes in his novel "No Country For Old Men". We can laugh, but we can also be sad at the same time (and probably we should be).

You are right. It's as sad as it is funny. I made a comment to someone that those stories are what I would expect to see on Family Guy or The Simpsons. Then again, though, I'm sure people have done goofy things throughout history. It's probably just being better publicized now.

I must admit I did laugh at those.

We had a neighbor who tried to get rid of a gopher using a stick of TNT. Yeah. It got rid of the gopher but it also blew a huge hole in his yard. The cops came, wagged their fingers at him, and told him he was not to repeat those actions again.

Sometimes it is a crazy world we live in.

I must admit I did laugh at those.

We had a neighbor who tried to get rid of a gopher using a stick of TNT. Yeah. It got rid of the gopher but it also blew a huge hole in his yard. The cops came, wagged their fingers at him, and told him he was not to repeat those actions again.

Sometimes it is a crazy world we live in.

:lol:lol What!?! I'm more surprised the police just wagged their fingers, instead of being worried that he's throwing dynamite around. Maybe I'm paranoid?

You're not paranoid. You should've seen me hit the deck when I heard that boom. I also said quite a few words that aren't fit for repeating in a family friendly board.

The cops were not amused and I think he moved shortly after that. People all over town were asking him if he blew up any gophers lately.

The cops were not amused and I think he moved shortly after that. People all over town were asking him if he blew up any gophers lately.
Wasn't that a scene from the movie Caddyshack?

My inlaws had a problem with cats using their front yard as a litterbox. My mother-in-law put out mothballs to try and chase them away. I never told her that I saw the cats batting the mothballs around like mice, lol.

The in-school suspension story is more scary than funny. That poor principal - educators don't get combat duty pay.