I'm graduating today!

jassian

Hopeful Maker of Art out of Daydream Dust
Oct 15, 2008
Germany
Just wanted to express this:

:hurray:graduation's 2.5 hours away!! YAAAAY!

I'll get to wear the robe and hat and all :)

BA (Acting for Screen and Stage) :)

i got to keep the hat. The whole thing looked like a scene out of Harry Potter.
And I kinda did a running-doff.. you're supposed to stand still while you doff, but I was just over-hyper *L* :nut:D

My boyfiriend filmed it too :)

BA (Acting for Screen and Stage) :)

i got to keep the hat. The whole thing looked like a scene out of Harry Potter.
And I kinda did a running-doff.. you're supposed to stand still while you doff, but I was just over-hyper *L* :nut:D

My boyfiriend filmed it too :)

Congratulations, Jesse! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Where did the sorting hat put you? :heybaby

Thanks guys!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations, Jesse! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Where did the sorting hat put you? :heybaby

8o
Ravenclaw ;) I'm a nerdy student.:p
It was a close one though, it did suggest I should change Slitherin from the inside out. :)

I'm still at uni getting a degree in my minor
Television Production

So that's probably where I'll try to find a job first. And I'll have to see what Australian immigration wants me to do so I can stay in the country, for all I know I 'll have to spend another two years on a vocational training... there's some serious research ahead for me.

8)

Congratulations! Well done!

Do you have a work visa?

Maybe the immigration department will give you one. Surely!

:)

i will have to do some research to see what options are the best for me,
but from what i can tell there are several choices, which is good.
i spent the last few months believing I had to leave.
i was soooooooooooooo depressed. (I started crying during the Australian Anthem):p

Oh a short term visa is really easy, but I wanna stay for good :)
But I'm on it :)

my internet went nuts on me hence the late reply.
Thanks Ang I'll certainly look into those.
I'll also make an appointment with the immigration office. The way i understand it it can be done :) I just have to find the best option for me.

Thanks Ziggy & Chicken boo :)

I was surprised about the hat too, we all just rented our gear and to our big surprise we got to keep em :)

this is me shaking the chancellor's hand (for as long as they're keeping the pic up)

http://www.gfp.com.au/store/grads/OrderingNew.aspx?ImageID=1912510

I look like I'm about to fall over :D

my internet went nuts on me hence the late reply.
Thanks Ang I'll certainly look into those.
I'll also make an appointment with the immigration office. The way i understand it it can be done :) I just have to find the best option for me.

Thanks Ziggy & Chicken boo :)

I was surprised about the hat too, we all just rented our gear and to our big surprise we got to keep em :)

this is me shaking the chancellor's hand (for as long as they're keeping the pic up)

http://www.gfp.com.au/store/grads/OrderingNew.aspx?ImageID=1912510

I look like I'm about to fall over :D

Sorry, that link won't work for me.

Nor does the link allow me to see the picture. I think I have to have a log in account, or something to that degree.

Glad you're internet is back up, and I'm also glad that you indeed did NOT fall while you shook hands with the chancellor. :)

:hmm I'm just not used to high heels, so I'm kind of standing at an angle :):p

gradpic2009.jpg

this one's taken by gfpgraguations, it's a picture of me so I should be allowed to post it...although techically I'd probably have to ask everyone else for permission... and it'm sorta advertizing for gfp. it looks like a copyright grey zone. if somebody knows otherwise please inform me and I'll take it off.

Aw, shucks! I'm kinda late, but I wish you the best in your future life. I bet you've worked really hard to get to this point... now keep doing it and you'll get to reach your dream someday soon. And when you do so, all you have to do is keep working as hard as ever, persevere no matter what happens, and a lot of doors will be opening for you, that's for sure (hell, I don't need to tell you this, I bet you already know it).

One thing I've noticed from you is that you really love the acting, so it may not seem like "work" for you anymore, but like real fun, which is a great thing, since that helps you a lot with your state of mind, your enthusiasm, your way of developing your skills, your performance, etc. Soon you'll be amazing your own self with something new (IF you haven't already; I bet you have!). An improvement in your acting style, a new way around certain (complex) character... I don't know. The point is that it's become something you don't 'have to' do, but something you really WANT TO do, something you love doing because it's your whole life, your contribution to the world, what you were born to do, your special talent. At least that's what I can see from you, and I have to tell you that it's not something you can see everyday. There are less and less people like you out there in the world, so keep going, girl! There are no limits, only if you want to. :)

One point here I would like to make here if I may :)

Once again jassian, well done on your achievements here :)

I truely do wish you all the best in finding acting work and hope you get alot of work to :)

Now - this is what I think of getting acting work:

You need 4 things:

- To be in the right place at the right time
- To have the right people see you at the right time
- To be doing the right things at the right time
- The right people needing someone like you at the right time

I think thats the way to get noticedif you are looking for a break in acting.

What does everyone think?

Do my words sound crazy here?

Thanks so much for your encouragement! I don't know if you guys realize, well you probably do, but it does means a lot to me :)

One of the more difficult choices on the near future is what to focus on more, acting or production. I will probably have to get a job as a camera op or editor. Or probably something even simpler first, and do acting on the side for a while.

I think your list is quite right, Ang. Of course assuming you have skill and heart :)

Regrettably a lot of it is dependent on luck and it is quite costly to travel and see casting directors and do workshops. but it can be done. I'm also hoping to set up a small company and do short films, this way I create work for myself and others :)

Aw, shucks! I'm kinda late, but I wish you the best in your future life.

never too late for your awesome inspirational thoughts. Thanks, dude !! :)

One of the more difficult choices on the near future is what to focus on more, acting or production. I will probably have to get a job as a camera op or editor. Or probably something even simpler first, and do acting on the side for a while. [...] I'm also hoping to set up a small company and do short films, this way I create work for myself and others :)

That's a way to keep growing up. It may seem like something "simple" now, but hey, who knows? Maybe someday you'll even bring back the series...

That's a way to keep growing up. It may seem like something "simple" now, but hey, who knows? Maybe someday you'll even bring back the series...

I think (and hope) others will beat me to it. But I shall help them if I can :)

What you are saying is exactly what I want to get into - production!

Everyone in the acting industry is doing it nowadays.

If you can't get acting work it doesn't matter - you create your own work!

But the thing is you need cash. How do you get that? Work. And once again it's nearly all luck.

You know - I hear everyone say "Go to school" in regards to getting acting work.

I hope not to offend anyone here, but I never have been very fond of school - ever.

Why? Because school doesn't teach you everything you need to know in life.

Pay bills, treat women right, pay off a mortgage, get a job, keep a job, treat people well, keep a pet, the list could go on......

thats why when an actor tells me to go to school, I'd rather a workshop!

I hope my points getting across here, and its a well intended one.

You know - I hear everyone say "Go to school" in regards to getting acting work.

I hope not to offend anyone here, but I never have been very fond of school - ever.

Why? Because school doesn't teach you everything you need to know in life.

Pay bills, treat women right, pay off a mortgage, get a job, keep a job, treat people well, keep a pet, the list could go on......

thats why when an actor tells me to go to school, I'd rather a workshop!

I hope my points getting across here, and its a well intended one.

I think that there are many jobs where that argument would hold up. However, I think I'm going into the one profession where school will teach you almost everthing about your profession: teaching! 8o