When Do I Tell Him I Love Him?

Ziggy

Project QL Intern
Apr 5, 2007
England
So. My first crush. Hopefully my first boyfriend. I REALLY like him. I think I do love him.

BUT.

I've only known him for just over a week. I think he likes me back but I really have no idea. :(

I know him over MSN, but he's gonna come down and visit me on the weekend of March 7th-8th, so we can see the Watchmen film together. Twice. XD

But yeah. When do I tell him? And if it does get to that stage, how?

I know this is a forum of peolpe who like to help each other out, so this is the place I'm turning to first. :)

Im far from an expert in these matters but my advice to you would be:- just relax and enjoy each others company and have a laugh and the love stuff will follow naturaly later if its ment to be.:hurray:

i'm with sparky.

Every person and situation is different, so there's no way of giving you the one right advice, but you'll have some time to get to know each other in person and have more of an idea of how how he feels about you and how you like him in person (met my lifetime love on the net too, by chance wasn't even looking ;) , so the 'blind date thing' is a bit exciting, I know :D )

You can always give him small compliments of course, about what you like about him. This way he knows you like him. it took us about 5 months to our first proper I love you and by that time we were pretty much together already *G*.

Or who knows maybe it turns out you love him as a friend, and not really as you thought. So yeah, I'd say take it easy, don't rush, let him know you enjoy his company if you do. You'll probably find out the right thing to say and do as you go.

Have fun watching the film :)

Have fun watching the film :)

I'm not the king of wisdom here but I'll tell you from my experiences in the past.

The second anyone says "I think I love him" - there are problems.

Love isn't about thinking - its all about feelings.

Sparky hit the nail on the head.

Go out with him. Take your time. If it is meant to be, it will happen naturally.

And let me give you a tip about men.

If he REALLY a good one he will stick by you and not try get you into bed - no matter how long it takes you to find your feelings for him.

Sorry everyone for my blunt description here.

Its the only way I can get my point across.

:)

Thanks everyone. :)

And yeah, I've got a pretty good idea of what's acceptable in a relationship - I'm actually pretty old-fashioned in my views there. XD But it's more starting one that's the problem. Especially since I've never been in one before!!!

My friend actually has an online boyfriend she's never met. I swear to god that it is TRUE LOVE, and they're gonna meet in the summer. :p

But yeah, this advice has been really useful, thanks. ^^

Sounds familiar *G*. That was my first relationship too. And I wasn't exactly a teenager anymore ;)
Well, in my case it was just the realization that I just didn't want to spend a minute without the guy and even the thought of being separated was terrible. So that's how I knew. So suddenly the two of us being together had priority over all other concerns.

Hope that helps a bit. What I'm trying to say is if you both feel good about each other you'll probably grow into the relationship without needing to formally state it - except if you want to of course- or rather it'll sneak up on you before you know :)

Thanks. ^^ And I've got 1 sorted. 2 was very useful though. :p

And thanks for the advice, jassian! V. useful!