Mirror Image: Something new I noticed

I was watching Mirror Image again on ITV3, when I spotted something that I never noticed before. It was a conversation between Al (Calavicci) and Gooshie (PQL). Gooshie stated that they looked for Sam from 1954, right up to the end of the 21stC. Does this mean that Ziggy was capable of looking into the future?

ziggysego said:
I was watching Mirror Image again on ITV3, when I spotted something that I never noticed before. It was a conversation between Al (Calavicci) and Gooshie (PQL). Gooshie stated that they looked for Sam from 1954, right up to the end of the 21stC. Does this mean that Ziggy was capable of looking into the future?

That had me thinking too, since how do they look into events that have not happened yet. Also, even if he did get sent into the future, how would they know what to fix if it hasn't happened!

maybe it's something to do with sam's & al's & sammy jo's brain waves and mesons and otic & optic nerves. maybe the thing about sam using brain matter does come up a little with prelude. just thinking here.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/h/hybridco.htm
Hybrid computer: A combination of computers that are capable of inputting and outputting in both digital and analog signals. A hybrid computer system setup offers a cost effective method of performing complex simulations.
Also see: Quantum

Wikipedia's idea: Consider that the nervous system in animals is a form of hybrid computer. Signals pass across the synapses from one nerve cell to the next as discrete (digital) packets of chemicals, which are then summed within the nerve cell in an analog fashion by building an electro-chemical potential until its threshold is reached, whereupon it discharges and sends out a series of digital packets to the next nerve cell. The advantages are at least threefold: noise within the system is minimized (and tends not to be additive), no common grounding system is required, and there is minimal degradation of the signal even if there are substantial differences in activity of the cells along a path (only the signal delays tend to vary). The individual nerve cells are analogous to analog computers; the synapses are analogous to digital computers.

does this confuse you more? this helps me a lot when i was trying to think of a way to bring sam home scientifically...but now i have a more definitive way of bringing sam home in my fan fic in my head i haven't written yet.

If the series had continued, the future is exactly where Sam would have gone. You can read an alternate ending of the Mirror Image Script here

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/scripts/script_mirrorimage.htm

And Laestrella, if you write QL Fan Fic, you should really check out Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons. It picks up where the series left off. It starts at Season 6 and right now we are getting close to wrapping up Season 12.

There are a ton of really great authors writing for it. I threw my hat in the ring this year and wrote a trilogy of episodes, (To Help a Friend, The Great Blue Yonder, and Alcatraz) which aired earlier this year. And in 2 weeks, my fouth story Draft Dodger is going to air.

It's something you might enjoy.

re: Al' Handlink

Tom, if the series would have continued, then we wouldn't have this discussion of Sam. It's funny that your name is Tom...Sam's bro. Sorry, couldn't help it. I have read the alt ending of Mirror Image...but I have my doubts that Sam "has gone to the next level." What the hell is that supposed to mean? I am uncertain; Sam is not some sort of time chameleon...just a good guy with a brain. There's not too many left, but there are some. Also, trying to get myself writing fan fic, is another thing. But I have read the "last 6" seasons since QL went off NBC, but it's really to me too odd. Sam & Al are the essence of QL. We have to keep it that way. I guess I'm a purist. Draft Dodger. Sounds like something I might have to do myself if they reinerate it. I am such a pain in the butt when it comes to getting orders; my mom's a good person to vouch for that.

The end of the 21st century? Does this mean Sam lives to be about 150 years old?

And I would have liked to see at least one episode set in the future, like they hinted at in the Mirror Image alternate ending. It would've been interesting to see how they handled it. And save me the temptation of toying with the idea myself.

I watched 'Mirror Image' on ITV3 on wednesday!!! It's mint because it was the first time i'd watched it(I missed the original run - too young) and it really choked me up when when Sam tells Beth al is still alive:(

The bartender said ' The leaps are going to get tougher' this could mean that Sam was going to leap into the future, and that it would be tougher to find out what would happen to people, that could explain it.

Also, am I glad they're repeating them, I accidently missed a couple of episodes in the run.......:nut