How does Super Shuttle work?

Snish

Project QL Intern
Sep 10, 2006
Cocono's in the Poconos
Can I ask a stupid question? OK, I guess I already did. The Leapback website says "wait under orange sign and the shuttle will pick you up." But do I need to go to the Super Shuttle website and book in advance? Or do I just tell the driver, "Beverly Garland"?

My flight is scheduled to arrive at LAX at noon Thursday.

Calling sounds like the best route, because how do you know when your plane will really arrive? Anyway, I'll call the 800 number and get their advice. Thanks!

when you book a ride (did so yesterday already), you enter he details of your arrival.
they ask you to write when your plain lands... I guess they calculate it for themselves.
After you finished entering all details (& credit card details).. you get the instruction to: land, pickup your luggage, go to their counter, state who you are, go to the curb, to the orange sign, turn to the Shared Van coordinator & they'll tell you on which Van to board.

Their site is very user friendly :)

I gotta say i'd rather taking buses then a supershuttle. yesterday i paid 3$ on 2 buses,that took me from West Hollywood to LAX. it was almost an hour and a half ride but i got there. On last friday i took a supersuttle almost to the same location and it took 45min drive(there are more people in the ride with you,you know) and it cost me 26$.
Anyway, if you're short out of money i would suggest you to explore other public transportation options in LA.

Ended up paying about that same amount for the shuttle and due to traffic, it took well over an hour. Starting to worry about Sunday. We'll probably have to leave the hotel at 2:30 to be absolutely certain we make it to the 4:55pm flight\, meaning we miss the whole Scott/Don panel. I know it's my fault for not booking a later flight.

I really wish the Scott Bakula/Don Bellisario event had been Saturday. I'm used to Saturday being the "big event" for conventions, but I realize this is not your usual convention. ;)

Incidentially I'm 6'9" (2m 3cm) and am never without my camera, if that helps to identify me. ;)