A star for Scotto?

Ezilzha

Project QL Intern
Mar 26, 2008
Israel
Say, what's the procedure to get (or give) a star (meaning those infron of the Chinese theatre) to a celeb?
I was thinking (rather late, I know) that we might do something about getting Scott a star, no?

I'm sure Emma or someone in the know will correct me if I'm wrong [which is quite possible] but there are two things I seem to recall from when Dean got his - presented on Leap Day which was really neat.
The first is that fans have to raise something in the region of $10,000 to pay for the star. Dean's was raised through recycling projects, which he thought was great.
The second is that Scott has been known to say that he's too young and hasn't done enough to have to earned one yet! Of course, he is naturally modest, and we all know he deserves one, but still his wishes must be taken into account.

sorry I didn't thank you earlier, Leaper1, for the answer, but I was waiting for Emma of Brian to come & either support or contradict your answer.
Since they did neither, I guess what you said is the right answer :)

As for the money... yeah, that's a LOT of money & I guess that cannever happen in about a month.
But as for Scott's claim... well, I guess there's nothing that can be done.

I just thought it'd be nice, since most of us do this trip as a once in a life time thing, that maybe we'd be a part of such a huge occasion.

Oh well.... :\

Waaaaaaaaay back in June 2006, when we first started planning this, we discussed the idea of arranging for Scott to get a star, collecting funds from the fans.

As Helen says, Scott has said in the past that he doesn't feel that he deserves a star quite yet, so that was a deterent.

Then we discovered that you have to pay a fee - I can't remember how much off the top of my head, but we're talking thousands - when you submit the application, and if, for any reason, the board decline, you lose that money. We couldn't imagine Scott being turned down, but we couldn't take that gamble with other people's money.