Old 01-19-2022, 11:21 AM   #1
Spartan83
Imaging Chamber Technician
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 62
Default Time to Give Evil Leapers an Origin and Timeline.

With news of the up and coming reboot this would be an ideal opportunity to give them an origin. 30 years after the events of Sam Beckett leaping by himself and supposedly fumbling around in time in the modern world a new team of engineers and researchers are looking for clues and answers. It would make sense that an unscrupulous member of the team or enemy of PQL to steal the tech and initiate the Evil Leaper project set 20 years after the original 1999, so 2020.

This would finally explain their origins and give their backstory some validity I think.
__________________
Spartan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:14 AM   #2
Lightning McQueenie
Junior Leaper
 
Lightning McQueenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

According to the original script of Deliver Us From Evil, they are from the year 2020.

If you read between the lines, they also imply that a time traveller from 2020 is spreading around a virus... Eep...
__________________
Lightning McQueenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:38 PM   #3
QL Nut
Project Observer
 
QL Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
According to the original script of Deliver Us From Evil, they are from the year 2020.

If you read between the lines, they also imply that a time traveller from 2020 is spreading around a virus... Eep...
No kidding? That's incredible. I don't quite remember the implication of spreading a virus around, though? Unless it is a proverbial virus of misery and chaos or something.

With that information, it would be reasonable to presume that the government-funded PQL was either long since shut down, or the funds were appropriated to a new team of scientists or project using PQL as the blueprint and piggybacking off of Sam's concepts, kind of not unlike Nikola Tesla's work becoming confiscated by the government.

I used to find it far fetched that a team of scientists would use time travel technology just to create chaos in the world, but not so much anymore. If a team of evil psychopaths really wanted to make the world as they see fit, what better way than to make changes in the past covertly? It could simply be that with the development of Lothos, "he" only worked with the most evil people who would have no problem carrying out "his" agendas. Alia of course happened to more or less be enslaved into this project and perhaps owed some kind of debt.
__________________
- Chris
QL Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 07:05 PM   #4
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
According to the original script of Deliver Us From Evil, they are from the year 2020.
Where is this script? Where does it say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
If you read between the lines, they also imply that a time traveller from 2020 is spreading around a virus... Eep...
In between what lines? I just watched the second and third parts last night on SYFY and did not catch any such implication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL Nut View Post

I used to find it far fetched that a team of scientists would use time travel technology just to create chaos in the world, but not so much anymore. If a team of evil psychopaths really wanted to make the world as they see fit, what better way than to make changes in the past covertly? It could simply be that with the development of Lothos, "he" only worked with the most evil people who would have no problem carrying out "his" agendas. Alia of course happened to more or less be enslaved into this project and perhaps owed some kind of debt.
It never occurred to me to find the Evil Leapers far-fetched in that manner, probably because I am into Pokemon and in Pokemon, an evil team trying to reshape the world to favor their greed is just another Tuesday.

I would actually love an entire spin-off dedicated to the backstory of the evil leapers. If I had to I would probably even favor it over the revival we're getting.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:04 PM   #5
QL Nut
Project Observer
 
QL Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan View Post

I would actually love an entire spin-off dedicated to the backstory of the evil leapers. If I had to I would probably even favor it over the revival we're getting.
Quite frankly, I agree and do not like or trust NBC. I had always wished the revival would be on SyFy. Among other reasons, at the very least NBC has a horrific track record of treating sci-fi series.
__________________
- Chris
QL Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2016 Al's Place Quantum Leap Fan Site | 4.8.15.16.23.42