Does anyone know how Sam travels all over the world in his leaps?

quantumwonderer

Project QL Intern
Apr 9, 2010
Not only does Sam travel in time, but in distance too! Remember, all of Sam's leaps are in different parts of the world. So how does he move across the globe when he leaps through time?

The way I see it, when Sam leaps, a circular wormhole is created, which has one direction of motion.

This wormhole will enable Sam to leap from where he is to where he is going, the first leapee to get home, and the second leapee to get to the project. Not only will the wormhole enable him to travel through time, but also through space.

Discussion

I suppose that would be a question for Bellasario.

However...from a physics standpoint...time and distance are just 4 dimensions of reality so the concept of time-space are interconnected. If someone travels in time...they automatically travel in space as well.

As to the concept of wormholes...interesting...but again...only Bellasario could say what his vision was for certain. I personally like the concept of using the Calabi-Yau construct for movement along a multidimensional pathway. But that's just me.

Another very interesting way to look at it is that with each leap, Sam leaps into the exact coordinates where he just was at some other point in time, in conjunction with the Earth's orbit around the Sun and its axis.

The Back To the Future trilogy tackled this issue the opposite way; the DeLorean would arrive in the exact spot in the future/past from where it departed, which technically should mean it would probably end up in space somewhere.

Just some food for thought... ;)