UK/R2 Season 2 Unedited...

I may be cynical, but I think there is one very simple reason for making us wait so long for the Region 2 release of Season 2.

They know that most of us Brits have multi-region capable DVD players.
They know we are avid fans.
Therefore they know that most of us wouldn't want to wait for our own copy of the episodes, and will pay through the nose to get hold of a Region 1 set, probably buying Region 2 when it finally arrives as well. I know that is what I and many others did with Season 1.
Hence, if they keep us waiting, they end up getting double sales.

Like I said, I may just be cynical, but....

leaper1 said:
I may be cynical, but I think there is one very simple reason for making us wait so long for the Region 2 release of Season 2.

They know that most of us Brits have multi-region capable DVD players.
They know we are avid fans.
Therefore they know that most of us wouldn't want to wait for our own copy of the episodes, and will pay through the nose to get hold of a Region 1 set, probably buying Region 2 when it finally arrives as well. I know that is what I and many others did with Season 1.
Hence, if they keep us waiting, they end up getting double sales.

Like I said, I may just be cynical, but....

I'm sure that's not the reason. It' all about rights and territories, there's no grand conspiracy.

Last edited:
yeah, the ol' proprietary rights are rearin' their :moon again!

One reason I never bought the 2nd season set is I KNEW that it would be released eventually with the proper music... even if it is PAL.

I have a Euro karaoke player, and I have the adaptor for the wall-outlet plugin. If I have to, I'll get a Euro DVD player too! SHEESH!

EAC said:
Just recieved my R2 Season 2 set and had a quick look at a few of the episodes. 'Louie Louie' is presesnt in Animal Frat, 'Call Me' is still in Another Mother, and 'Georgia on my Mind' is intact in MIA :hurray:

Off to check some more episodes....

Great stuff !

I've been waiting to hear if UK release has been unedited, now I can get my order in.

I'm also pleased at the UK S3 release date too, looks like I'll have plenty of episodes to watch this winter, yay !

Excellent

Whoo Hooo !!! - Quantum Leap at Last UNCUT and no MUSIC edits or replacement

MIA - in all it's emotional glory

It is a shame, the US buthchered it !

Just got my region 2 copy and it rocks - No MUSIC replacement

My one nit-pick is the packaging - I hate it, it makes discs very hard to take out and this can get fingerprints on it and scratched easily

Otherwise the set ROCKS !!!!

Now to await season 3,4, and 5 on Region 2 DVD !!!!

I hope there are some special features on them soon too !!! :hair

The packaging looks the same as the way Season 1 of The Muppet Show was laid out.

I like Region 2's packaging the best so far. I think the "book" format works a lot better (and a lot more compact) than unfolding the whole thing like a map. Season 3's packaging is OK, but I'd prefer the whole thing to be attached. Also, like I mentioned before, I'm glad that the discs are single-sided, as it's nicer and consistent with the Season 1 discs. But of course, what really matters is that the music remained.

R2 - better...

I'm glad to hear season 2 region 2 has all the music intact. I'm certainly going to buy it, but what do I do with my R1 seasons now...?

There's just something I don't understand: What set has the best image/sound quality?

Oh, and sorry for asking too much, but is the season 1 R2 the same as R1? I mean, does it have the same extras, quality, captions and subtitles, or they have something more, like dubbed languages?

PS. Do you really think the next R2 seasons will have all the original music intact, just as season 2? I don't know about the rights in Europe/Japan/UK, but I hope so.

Last edited:
Well the R1 season 1 had the proper music, so you may as well keep that, I am. I'm selling my R1 season 2 now that I have the R2 set. I suspect season 3 will also be uncut.

There's just something I don't understand: What set has the best image/sound quality?

Equal, actually I thought the R2 season 2 looked nicer.

Multiregion DVD recommendations

Okay, so for us across the pond here in the US.....

what should we look for in a multiregion player? And where are some reputable places from which to purchase? Also, reputable brands?

If we buy from overseas, is electricity likely to be a problem? Again, what should we look for?

Thanks ever so much!!!

I wouldn't import a machine, because of the electricity difference. Besides which you can get a multiregion machine from the US.

What you should be looking for is a machine that is A) region free/multiregion and B) converts PAL to NTSC

I just had a look on amazon.com and here is an example of one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f=pd_bbs_3/002-7973276-8539220?_encoding=UTF8

Or. apparently stores like Wallmart do players such as:

Diamond Vision DVDV807-03 from Walmart

Many of these obscure brand machines can be hacked via the handset by codes easily found on the internet.

ziggysego said:
I get most of my DVDs online at http://www.play.com

If you have an account at http://www.playusa.com the same account works on the Region 2 version. Good luck with it.

I just checked out www.play.com and they do not ship to the United States. So, I guess eBay or Amazon.co.uk are the choices, unless there are others of which I am not aware.

Helen, I can count me on your list. I just bought a Cyberhome DVD player and am looking forward to hacking it for all regions and testing it. :)

Kat

Offer

Cpt Jules said:
I just checked out www.play.com and they do not ship to the United States. So, I guess eBay or Amazon.co.uk are the choices, unless there are others of which I am not aware.
:)

Kat

Again, I offer to my American/Canadian friends that I will obtain copies of S2 R2 and send them marked as 'gifts' to avoid import tax.
Just email me with your address details etc., and we can sort something out.
I would need money up front though. (My cash flow is more of a trickle!)
I would only ask enough to cover purchase and basic shipping. I don't want to make a profit out of you guys, I just wanna help you get a copy at the best price possible. I hate it when friends get ripped off.

Cpt Jules said:

Kat

You can try www.sendit.com they ship to OS as well and they are fantastic. Never had a problem with them.

Warren

R2 sets for $37.95

For those in the US, you can get season 2 or 3 (or both) for $37.95 US from CD-WOW using this link for $2 off per set. They have free worldwide shipping too, and are reputable.

Prefer Amazon...

Yeah, Amazon is great, I think I'm gonna buy seasons 2 and 3 R2 together until december. It's a must have for fans, if they keep being intact.

I don't want to be a killjoy or something, but I'm not that impressed by that set. Okay, it's seems to be intact, but the sound is a bit too fast, I think. And there are no subtitles. I don't have a problem to understand the most things, but sometimes I could need them.

But hey, this is just my personal point of view. So, I will not buy this RC2 myself (I borrowed season 2 from a friend of mine). I still hope for an intact complete RC1 box set with all seasons and all the music.
:cheers

My R2 S2 arrived in the post today!
That's the good news.
Bad news is I have to wait about 7 weeks to get my hands on it, since my son has bought it as my Christmas present.

Really hoping someone will get me S3 too, since it is due out on 12/12.

TeeAlk said:
I don't want to be a killjoy or something, but I'm not that impressed by that set. Okay, it's seems to be intact, but the sound is a bit too fast, I think. And there are no subtitles. I don't have a problem to understand the most things, but sometimes I could need them.

I can agree with you on the subtitles (as English is not my native language and i'm used to reading the subtitles), but the sound is just fine.

As someone who started watching the show somewhere in the middle, i keep getting surprised at some of the things happening(Bellisario's ex-wife appearing, Bellisario's daughter appearing, the odd male intro in Season 2 etc.).

Oh, hell...

Are you saying that R2 has no captions at all? I have no problem with the hearing, also, but the captions in QL R1 were awesome. Especially in season 1. If I keep season 1 R1 and sell seasons 2 and 3 R1 and buy the R2 ones, I will feel not confortable. Intact music will be fine, but sometimes, when I'd want to play the episode again, I'll miss the captions...

No Captions !!

I know it is wrong not to have any subtitles on the DVDS :hair

But Quantum Leap UNCUT is still awesome :hurray:

At least the UK have the sense to keep the original music in

V :hat

Maybe the reason for the changes to the music was due to certain copyright issues, that affect America but not the U.K. Being English, I'm glad my DVD set is uncut, but I feel for you American chaps, seeing the best TV show your country has ever made being completely butchered. It sucks. Universal should have spent a bit more time ironing out the kinks before they released it IMO.

Well i just bought my Region 2 Second season dvd of QL from amazon's uk site - sure i have the first 3 seasons on Region1 (And i live in region 4 - we're only up to season 1!) But i cant resist MIA uncut! The rest of the eps in season 2 & season 3 music replacement doesn't worry me - cause i dont remember the original music anyway - but i remember georgia on my mind! Stockwells acting is superb - to think he has never been a $20 mil a movie actor is amazing!
Eagerly awaiting season 4 - and my fav season 5!
I dont know about the rest of the world but in Australia - region free or multi zoned DVD players are plentiful and all TV's are NTSC and PAL compatiable - so all u need is the net to have a dvd collection full of different regions.
QL is awesome - i still rememeber season 5 being aired at midnight - taping it and watching it after school!
I see a lot of you dont support QL on dvd due to music changes...unfortunately the corporations don't think "oh well we better release the original music" they Think "no point releasing more seasons" - but dont buy something you dont want. And i see on amazon QL never rates very high in the sales rank - it looks more likely that they'll bring back the golden girls than QL! If only the same could happen for QL as happened for family guy - but lets face it ressurection is unlikely. But surely the profits from a tele-movie dvd sales would justify a few million $ production?
I always think of a QL telemovie when i see the pilot episode of lost - Jack waking up confused, running to the beach trying to help everyone - that could soooooo be Sam!
oh well my rants over,
peace earthlings

I dont know about the rest of the world but in Australia
:hurray:Hey another Aussie! Always nice to see a compatriate from down under.
However,
I see a lot of you dont support QL on dvd due to music changes...unfortunately the corporations don't think "oh well we better release the original music" they Think "no point releasing more seasons"
...But on the other hand, if we do buy it we're telling them it's OK to keep churning out the DVDs with the screwed up music - it seems to be a lose-lose situation for us fans. However, the point you make is exactly why I think it is/was silly to just not buy them without telling Universal *why* you are/were not buying them. Without telling them why you're doing it, the protest is pretty pointless IMHO. But regardless, I'm not entirely sure I agree that Universal wouldn't have finished the job they started - I really do think that once they put out season one they were pretty much committed to finishing the job.
Take care,
Fel

Kal-El said:
Well i just bought my Region 2 Second season dvd of QL from amazon's uk site - sure i have the first 3 seasons on Region1 (And i live in region 4 - we're only up to season 1!) But i cant resist MIA uncut! The rest of the eps in season 2 & season 3 music replacement doesn't worry me - cause i dont remember the original music anyway - but i remember georgia on my mind! Stockwells acting is superb - to think he has never been a $20 mil a movie actor is amazing!
Eagerly awaiting season 4 - and my fav season 5!
I dont know about the rest of the world but in Australia - region free or multi zoned DVD players are plentiful and all TV's are NTSC and PAL compatiable - so all u need is the net to have a dvd collection full of different regions.

The Season 2 DVD set (Region 2) which was recently released also plays on Region 4 and Region 5 (see the globe picture on the backcover).