Bring Back The...

The Macman

Project QL Intern
Mar 31, 2006
Now im not sure if this was aired over the pond, but did you guys or have you guys in the UK been catching the Bring Back The.... Series (Brought the cast of The A Team back together) with that loon Justin Lee Collins?
Bring Back Dallas proved outright how crappy the cast of Dallas were!
Got me thinking, perhaps we should get this guy to do a Bring Back Quantum Leap. He could be rushing round trying to reunite the stars, perhaps this would be a great way to reintroduce people to QL.

Better yet, he could do a Bring Back The Original Members of Al's place! In fact, maybe WE should do a bring back the members of als place....Anybody got the email addresses for the mia people like matt, dman176, the rod, suebakula and so on?

Lets get emailing em folks....we got 5 days........

(For all the us members who are wondering what the hell im talking about, this show had this nutcase with a time limit of 5 days running round all the cast of firstly The A Team then in another episode the cast of Dallas begging them to come to a shindig he would be hosting in their honour...the a team guys showed, dallas guys after promising they would, didnt..)

Paul

Sorry I am not of the UK so don't have this program. But a movie was talked about and it was even once listed in Scott's IMDB so its not like it's never been consitered. And they might even still be trying do it who knows. Plus as Brian pointed out the '09 convention should big help in refreshing the attention the show lost.

Plus I am not nearly the only one here not from the UK so if this is a UK only program as you seemed to have implyed then how does that help regain American attention?

It's a pretty good idea, considering that Hollywood has been completely and utterly out of ideas since at least 2002. It won't be long before the idea is stolen and used in the U.S. It's also a perfect time to go backwards and try to re-create the past.

Last edited:
Sam Beckett Fan said:
how does that help regain American attention?

You do know that Quantum Leap aired WORLDWIDE dont you? Its not just the US of A that got to enjoy it. I feel the more people that are aware of it the better!

QL Nut said:
It's a pretty good idea, considering that Hollywood has been completely and utterly out of ideas since at least 2002. It won't be long before the idea is stolen and used in the U.S. It's also a perfect time to go backwards and try to re-create the past.

Exactly... American Idol, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, Deal or No Deal....

Though it doesn't seem many Japanese shows make that transition... (thinking of some YouTube type videos I've seen).

The Macman said:
You do know that Quantum Leap aired WORLDWIDE dont you? Its not just the US of A that got to enjoy it. I feel the more people that are aware of it the better!

I didn't mean QL, I am History and Math stupid not this stupid. hehe. :p (no offense I don't mean that rudely, in fact it was kind of a joke seeing as how I teased myself.) I meant this show you are talking about "Bring Back" or whatever it's called. that you want QL to be featured on.

Last edited:
Sam Beckett Fan said:
I didn't mean QL, I am History and Math stupid not this stupid. hehe. :p (no offense I don't mean that rudely, in fact it was kind of a joke seeing as how I teased myself.) I meant this show you are talking about "Bring Back" or whatever it's called. that you want QL to be featured on.

Since QL was aired worldwide, and the members of the board come not only from the US but also from the UK and other parts of the world thereby demonstrating that QL still has a worldwide fanbase, it would make perfect sense for a "reunion" type show that airs only in the UK to do one featuring QL just as it would make sense for a show that aired only in the US to do the same.

Just a thought

It might even be a consideration to do such a show in conjuction with the LeapBack Con in 2009 (if something isn't done before then.)

jmoniz said:
Since QL was aired worldwide, and the members of the board come not only from the US but also from the UK and other parts of the world thereby demonstrating that QL still has a worldwide fanbase, it would make perfect sense for a "reunion" type show that airs only in the UK to do one featuring QL just as it would make sense for a show that aired only in the US to do the same.

Ok I see now, thank you for explaining Julia. I apologize I just dont have much UK knowledge as I don't travel much. I do as a matter of fact recall our UK Helen implying variously that QL is not real big over there.

Hehe see I told you I have little knowledge of the UK. ;)
Maybe I had better not say anything more I am starting to accomplish nothing but embarassing myself.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Ok I see now, thank you for explaining Julia. I apologize I just dont have much UK knowledge as I don't travel much. I do as a matter of fact recall our UK Helen implying variously that QL is not real big over there.

Although I've never said that SBF, I think I know where you may have gotten the impression I did. QL is pretty big in the UK as a whole, but I have been known to lament that there don't seem to be too many fans in my 'neck of the woods'. A lot of fans seem to come from 'up north' around Manchester, Birmingham etc. or down on the South coast, but apart from Emma and Kaz I don't know of any from around where I live.