Sorry it's been so long!

mstalanon

Project QL Intern
Apr 30, 2002
Independence, MO
Hey Brian, hiya folks!

Life it seems is always playing tricks with me. But I've moved back to Kansas City to be closer to my dad... reunited with my (by blood, not upbringing) half brother and sister (much to my delight), found a wonderful new lady to live my life with...

Life ain't so bad for the ol' man. Anyway, just wanted to shout out a big hello!

Matt

Well Matt

Good to hear from you again. Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Welcome back to Al's Place. As you see, not a lot has change, except lots and lots of new members. We're still looking forward to Bold Leap, but are anxious if it is still going ahead.

However, once again, welcome back.

Dermot

Welcome back big guy! We've missed ya!
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Don't be a stranger now, y'hear?

Unfortunately I wasn't around when you were, but here's a BIG welcome back from your life and all:), have a good time and it's always great too see new and old members alike being part of the Fansite for the show w2e all know and obsess over...

Hey Derm, Hey Helen, Hey Mj, Hey Brian and hello Enterprise!! :p

Man, so much has happened... my son turned 21, my last lady went crazy and after five and 1/2 years that life was over (so I'll have to send you a new photo of me and my current beau, Brian! LOL!), left my job of over 10 1/2 years in Portland to be back near my dad in the Ozarks (which has been just FANTASTIC... he's really an inspiration to me! and I guess I am to him!)...

Still doing the karaoke thing, still writing occassionally (nothing published), I'm learning what life with Diabetes is like when you're "NOT" good to yourself (ugh), and had some pretty serious health issues these past couple years... been close enough to death and paralysis to come out with a different point of view... and above all, I learned to love again. That's the best part of it all.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hey!"... and I'm not goin' anywhere soon!

((looks around a bit scared! LOL!))

Welcome back, Matt!

My mom and stepdad and other family members have really gotten caught up in the whole karaoke thing. They go to this one place here in Independence almost every Friday night.

I'm glad life is going well for you, and I'm glad to see you back on here!

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Hey Joy (was just thinking of you the other day when I was out at Dixon's Chili Parlor off 40Hwy and Blue Ridge Cutoff), hey Samantha, JENNIE! (Good ta see ya! Will have to catch up later... was in a debate the other day and I was telling them about your fanfic on Beth... I haven't caught up to it since like part 19 I think!), hiya Don, and howdy Helen (2?)!

KC is a wonderful place to live. I don't know if I mentioned it, but a long time ago I was really into the alternative fuels... well, a Dr Hydrogen (Dr. Roger E Billings) relocated to Independance, MO, due to some cave that naturally generates hydrogen (and they DON'T KNOW WHY!), so I was looking forward to meeting up with him after all these years. He's also a pioneer in the Gigabit telecom technology, and I was hoping to talk shop with him a bit on that.

The weather on the other hand... boy did I get used to Oregon! So temperate where I was living. Literally paradise! Never too cold or hot, or even when it DOES go in extremes, it's never for a long period of time. And I was utterly fascinated with the clear streams, rivers, lakes, and the coast...

Oh well, I moved back to be with my dad... didn't want him to live his last years alone!

Y'all take care!

Matt

Helen Squared

And one of these days...we're going to get together! That will be an absolute JOY! (Helen...we still need to work on that story sometime!)

mstalanon said:
Hey Joy (was just thinking of you the other day when I was out at Dixon's Chili Parlor off 40Hwy and Blue Ridge Cutoff), hey Samantha, JENNIE! (Good ta see ya! Will have to catch up later... was in a debate the other day and I was telling them about your fanfic on Beth... I haven't caught up to it since like part 19 I think!),

Don't feel too bad....I haven't had a chance to update it in a while. <g>

Curious to know more about this debate and how BETH fit in. ;-)

asearcher said:
And one of these days...we're going to get together! That will be an absolute JOY! (Helen...we still need to work on that story sometime!)

Helen. I'm looking forward to it! (The story, and the meeting!)

mstalanon said:
Hey Joy (was just thinking of you the other day when I was out at Dixon's Chili Parlor off 40Hwy and Blue Ridge Cutoff),

Hmmm... Never heard of that place; of course, even after living here 13 years, I *still* haven't seen and done everything there is to do here in KC.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but a long time ago I was really into the alternative fuels... well, a Dr Hydrogen (Dr. Roger E Billings) relocated to Independance, MO, due to some cave that naturally generates hydrogen (and they DON'T KNOW WHY!), so I was looking forward to meeting up with him after all these years. He's also a pioneer in the Gigabit telecom technology, and I was hoping to talk shop with him a bit on that.

Oooo.... That sounds cool!

The weather on the other hand... boy did I get used to Oregon! So temperate where I was living. Literally paradise! Never too cold or hot, or even when it DOES go in extremes, it's never for a long period of time. And I was utterly fascinated with the clear streams, rivers, lakes, and the coast...

Well, Gary says we'll have some good cycles of warm weather mixed in with the snow this winter, so cold spells shouldn't last long this year. And, man, we're gonna have 70's for Thanksgiving!

Too bad our river here is the "Muddy Missouri", though of course we do have Lake Jacomo and Blue Springs Lake nearby... And of course there's always the fun getaway to Table Rock Lake in the Ozarks.

I can understand your missing Oregon's climate... I've visited there a few times before and always loved being there.

Well, gotta go. We'll have to pick a day to meet each other in the flesh... Maybe somewhere that does karaoke (though I'm horrific at it... LOL). :D

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~