The Time Traveler's Wife

My friend has been telling me for five years that I'd love that book. I do intend to read it at some point.

I just heard about this film/book. In Germany it will start in cinema on 17th september. On 5th september we'll go on holidays. I'll buy the book and read it in this holidays and perhaps watch the film. I'm curious if I'll like it.

I went to see the film last Friday.
I really like it but I have a major issue with the fact he says he can't change anything haha. I'd explain it more why I think that's wrong but it'd spoil the ending.
Apparently the book is better than the film (but isn't it always?) so I'll have to read it sometime 'cause I really did enjoy the film :) I recommend it (Y)

Yesterday I told my mum about the book and she said that she read it some time ago. In the meantime she sold it on a flea market. :nut But she said it was a very good book, a good story and nice to read.

I read the book years ago when it first came out. I read it again recently so I could refresh myself on the storyline.

I couldn't help but curse under my breathe when it was said that history can't be changed. But I kept thinking, if we have free will then history can be changed. Overwise the future is already set. That means no free will.

But I cried at the end of the film. I was in floods.

SPOILERS

If history can not be changed, then how come he was able to give his wife a winning lottery tickets based on his knowledge of the future???

Is that not changing the future?