Stardust Chapter 04

What is your opinion of this story?

• 5 ? This was an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Stardust Chapter Four

As Al takes his first steps on the road to sobriety, he's challenged not only by his addiction and wounds but also by his internal demons. While personally concerned by his lack of training and experience, Sam expresses his confidence to Al that he'll be able to help him recover as well as convince the Administrators to authorize their "research" trip. The question on both their minds?is confidence enough?

Written by: Jennifer L. Rowland

Please let Jennifer know what you thought of her story!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Stardust Chapter Four

There's not much more I can say at this point that I haven't commented on elsewhere. I bow in your presence, Jennie. :bow

This is incredibly dangerous territory. Even in "M.I.A," we've never seen Al so broken, so vulnerable... It's heartbreaking! Even as I continue reading this saga, I can't stop crying because the friendship that was so established between these two amazing characters (even in the pilot, with Sam's "Swiss-cheesed" brain) means so much to me. It would be so easy to take a wrong turn with this prelude that, up until now, we as Leapers could only imagine. But, let me just say, Jennifer (if you're still here. After all, I didn't know this site even existed until a couple of months ago!) from one Leaper to another, that hasn't happened. I'm glad this story has been told in this fashion! The raw, uncensored truth behind the scars of war, the pain of abandonment and addiction, the love and support of a true friend... It showcases why Sam is so important to Al.

This is incredibly dangerous territory. Even in "M.I.A," we've never seen Al so broken, so vulnerable... It's heartbreaking! Even as I continue reading this saga, I can't stop crying because the friendship that was so established between these two amazing characters (even in the pilot, with Sam's "Swiss-cheesed" brain) means so much to me. It would be so easy to take a wrong turn with this prelude that, up until now, we as Leapers could only imagine. But, let me just say, Jennifer (if you're still here. After all, I didn't know this site even existed until a couple of months ago!) from one Leaper to another, that hasn't happened. I'm glad this story has been told in this fashion! The raw, uncensored truth behind the scars of war, the pain of abandonment and addiction, the love and support of a true friend... It showcases why Sam is so important to Al.

What kind, thoughtful words. Thank you so much, and my apologies that so many years elapsed before I saw this.