Countdown Clock

ris768

Project QL Intern
Sep 6, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Is it possible to have a countdown clock to when tickets go on sale. This would make it easier for those of us that live a day ahead! Especially around this time of year when daylight savings goes on for you and off for me, I have no idea what the time difference is between EST and AEST.

Please, please, please can we have a countdown clock?:bow

ris768 said:
Is it possible to have a countdown clock to when tickets go on sale. This would make it easier for those of us that live a day ahead! Especially around this time of year when daylight savings goes on for you and off for me, I have no idea what the time difference is between EST and AEST.

Please, please, please can we have a countdown clock?:bow

Hey :) You could always do what I did, and go to www.timeanddate.com and make your own! It's really easy. (FWIW, it's 8pm here in Melbourne, and it's 5 am this morning in NYC...)

Thanks for the suggestion, I have done just that but it would still be cool if it was on the Leap site.

P.S. G'Day from Sydney, hope to meet you in LA next year!

I think what ris768 was asking for was a timer that counts down to when the tickets actually go on sale... i.e. when it reaches 0, get buying :p. That would get over the "too many countries and conversions" problem :)

Cant you just figure out what time it will be on your pc when tickets sales finish and set it for that??

or am i having a blonde moment!!

I am referring to people having it on their own computers at home but i think you are looking for one to have on the webpage aren't you!!

Is there a difference between EST and EDT?

OK I am trying to set up my own countdown clock but it appears that it is currently EDT (daylight savings time I am assuming) but tickets go on sale EST according to the email I received.

Which timezone do I use?

I need to know if I have to get up at 1am or 2am to buy my ticket. :help

Use EDT, as the clocks have just been put forward in the States (I don't know about Australia, but here in the UK, clocks don't go forward until a week on Sunday), so in Brian's neck of the woods, the clocks are currently four hours behind GMT.

Try this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Select USA - North Carolina - Raleigh, followed by your region of Australia, and it should convert the time in EDT to your local time. You're in Sydney, right? So, it looks like you'll need to be online around 2am on the 27th: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?day=26&month=3&year=2008&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=207&p2=240

Thank you.

Looks like I am setting my alarm for 2am.

It could be worse, another week and I would be confused all over again, that's when we go off daylight savings time.

ris768 said:
Not even for Scott Bakula????:hair

No offence to SB, but the only poeple I'd drag myself out of bed for to talk to at 3am are those who'd do the same to talk to me. I love QL and I think Scotts a great actor, but quite honestly I wouldn't waste my beauty sleep for someone who didn't know I was alive and who'd have fogotten me by 3.05am