1022 Along a Shining Path

Along a Shining Path

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Along a Shining Path
August 13, 1984

Callo, Peru (outskirts of Lima)

Sam leaps into Paul Wendle, a crusader in his own eyes, a terrorist in the Peruvian government's. It seems obvious to Sam that he is there to stop Paul's actions. Yet Paul is completely devoted to his cause, even if it comes to murder. How can Sam help someone who completely believes that what he is doing is the best thing for the people of Peru?

Written by: Shawn P. Deal

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.25

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
When a TV series (real or virtual) mixes fiction and historical events, my usual reaction is to trigger my interest towards the relevant events, and to try to learn more about them. This happened again with this "Shining Path" story, a name I'd often heard in the news ages ago, without knowing anything about it.

Yet another life-threatening leap-in for Sam - and a leap-out just at the right second. In between is a good story, with enough twists and turns to keep us on the edge of our seats.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate ALONG A SHINING PATH an 8 (This was a good story. It is a good read.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
If Quantum Leap was still on the air today, I think this is definitely the type of story that would be told. In the wake of 9/11, the world is a very different place now. The difference between good and evil can no longer be seen in plain black-and-white anymore. Unfortunately, there really are religious fanatics out there that truly believe that killing in the name of a "cause" absolves them of any wrong-doing. This is a terrible fact of the world that upsets and angers me to no end... and Sam is definitely a better person than I am, because if I had gotten my hands on a person like "Juan"... forget it! I have zero tolerance for people who force their views on others in such a way.

RATING: 8.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
This was a good story. Description was clear and evocative, as was the dialogue. Well done.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
A good story, well told.

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Poor Sam, physically and emotionally attacked on this leap (just the way we like him!);wanting to save all the poor people of Peru, I bet, not just the ones Juan and co killed. And though I knew in my heart he would leap before dying, there was still that anxious gasp as I read that he'd been shot.

Bravo.