1021 Hawaii Blues

Hawaii Blues

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Hawaii Blues
December 11, 1981

Honolulu, Hawaii

Fantasy becomes reality when Tom Selleck (a.k.a. Sam Beckett) gets to be a real detective and help out a mentally challenged teenaged girl find her mother.

Written by: Douglas Laird

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.0

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
This week's story comes as a (however small) relief after the recent turmoil.

If I remember well, I had read somewhere that Don B. had wanted to write an ep about Sam leaping into the "Magnum" character (but not into Tom Selleck's person) so we get the chance to witness SLT after all - and featuring Don himself!

The girl's attitude also reminded me of the crazy woman in "Moments to Live" who'd kidnapped her "soap doctor". I wonder what the real Tom Selleck would have done with a request such as Amy's... however for Sam, this was just a "normal" mission like any other one.

Another truly enjoyable episode - I'd have rated it 8.5 but I'll remove 1/2 point for the odd ways our favorite producer's name has been written (Bellasario? Bellarisco? c'mon... who typed this? it ain't that hard, it's not a weird Russian or Polish name!!)

So - rating is 8.

RATING: 8.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate HAWAII BLUES a 7 (This was a pretty good story. It was worth reading.) I really liked the MAGNUM angle. Good job!

RATING: 7.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
I also remember that Mr. Bellisario himself wanted to do a "Magnum" story, although I don't know if Sam was supposed to actually leap into Thomas Magnum, or Tom Selleck playing the role. I can't help but wonder if DPB would have written a similar scenario.

It would have been nice to see more of Tom Selleck's supporting cast members throughout the story, but I thought it was pretty well done overall. My big gripe, as Valerie said, is the amount of mispellings and grammatical mistakes, of which there were quite a few. It makes it much harder to read a story when I have to spend a minute trying to figure out what a character is saying. Doug should really try to check his stories before he submits them. Other than that, it was a decent story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
A few misspelled words/names aside, I thoroughly enjoyed Hawaii Blues. The pace of the story was smoothly consistent, no bumps, no faltering. The characterizations (I "saw" REAL people), and the dialogue (I "heard" REAL people talking), were, as I've come to expect with Doug's stories, bull's-eye on target.

A good story, Doug. Well done!

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator: