Music may not be the only problem w/Season 5 DVDs

Aphelion

Project QL Intern
Dec 15, 2005
Syracuse, NY
According to the specs on tvshowsondvd.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6276

... it doesn't look as if Trilogy Part II and Evil Leaper II will be presented in their original two hour formats. We may be getting the split-up syndication versions. Lee Harvey Oswald seems to be the only extra-length episode that will be presented as originally broadcast.

That sucks!!!

Aphelion

alsplacebartender said:
I know it won't be the syndicated chopped versions. If memory serves, NBC aired those episodes separately as well as reruns, so they may use those versions. Either way, no footage will be lost or missing.

The footage isn't the issue. I would just rather have them presented as originally aired, as two-hour long episodes. I don't want the "Return of the Evil Leaper" and "Revenge of the Evil Leaper" subtitles.

Aphelion said:
The footage isn't the issue. I would just rather have them presented as originally aired, as two-hour long episodes. I don't want the "Return of the Evil Leaper" and "Revenge of the Evil Leaper" subtitles.

Well, I can see the point for "Trilogy" , but the Evil Leaper episodes even have different episode titles (which clearly gives you the hint that it isn't one story). "Trilogy" is the one with the subtitles.

I wouldn't be surprised if the R2 version even has the LHO episode split in two parts. Mind you, that might just the wishful thinking on my part. The reason being that none of the stories in Season 5 were longer then 45 minutes when they originally aired on the BBC (and I believe that it was editted as such by producers of the show and not by the BBC themselves).

I truly believe that running a tv episode as a feature will ruin the flow of the story (not even mentioning missing out on some great cliffhangers). This might explain why I am not too fond of "Genesis".

I'm taking the point of view of, at least we're getting the DVDs. I'm also an Everwood fan, and an American Dreams fan -- and all we got of either of those is season 1. The Powers That Be are painfully unmotivated to release the subsequent seasons because they didn't make enough dough on season 1. So QL is really a good situation -- we're getting them all, and reasonably intact.

When the Trilogy episodes and Evil Leapers were broadcast in the U.K, if memory serves me correctly, we had them as individual episodes a week apart. Only Oswald was "feature length".
I'm concerned with the music. Will they ommit Georgia on my mind form Mirror Image? When it was included on MIA on the region 2 version..

Nothing said:
When the Trilogy episodes and Evil Leapers were broadcast in the U.K, if memory serves me correctly, we had them as individual episodes a week apart. Only Oswald was "feature length".
I'm concerned with the music. Will they ommit Georgia on my mind form Mirror Image? When it was included on MIA on the region 2 version..

Well, I seem to remember that the LHO episodes also aired in two parts. As the BBC have pretty defined timeslots it would have been odd if it had indeed been a feature length. But it's been 12 years ago, so I'm not 100% sure about it.

ziggysego said:
I remember LHO airing here and it was intact. It aired on the 30th (?) anniversary of Kennedy's assassation.

Trilogy was three different episodes when it aired here. And if my memory isn't failing me, the Evil Leaper episodes came in two parts too.
Yeah, I remember that! It was on for a full hour and30 minutes. I was young at the time and it was a school night....in october I think it was...so it was near the aniversary....october 1993 I saw it. I'm 98% positive it was then.

It was uncut because of the time it was on. I think it was on 9pm - 1030pm.

I've got a good memory. I was only 11 at the time. :)

Yes, I remember Evil Leaper was in 2 parts. Trilogy was in three pieces. :)

Well, it really doesn't surprise me that they split Evil Leaper II into two rather than release it the way it first aired. They did the same to The Leap Home. That's why I'm keeping my old tapes, so I can watch them the way they first aired. Wish I had ALL the episodes as they were first aired, though.