Season 4 R2 vs. R1 - ANY Advantage?

Aphelion

Project QL Intern
Dec 15, 2005
Syracuse, NY
Before I return my R2 Season 4, does anyone know if the music replacement issues are the same as the R1? Is there any advantage in owning the R2? Thanks all.

Yes QL Nut, the packaging is much better on R2 than it is on R1. No double-sided DVDs, which I detest with great passions. In fact, I sold all my R1 DVDs on eBay and replaced them with R2.

My only problem with R2 is that there is no captions/subtitles on Season 2 onwards, unlike R1. Can anyone explain to me why?

Thanks for the info about the packaging and discs. But what of the episodes themselves? I've heard R1 has some audio anomalies, like on "Hurricane" and some other eps. Is it the same with R2? The really big question, though, is about the music replacement. Is it the same on R2 or did one or two songs squeak through as opposed to R1. Thanks to everyone who posts to help me make this decision.

ziggysego said:
Yes QL Nut, the packaging is much better on R2 than it is on R1. No double-sided DVDs, which I detest with great passions. In fact, I sold all my R1 DVDs on eBay and replaced them with R2.

My only problem with R2 is that there is no captions/subtitles on Season 2 onwards, unlike R1. Can anyone explain to me why?

Maybe Universal are just to 'Ahem' *Cheap*.....

BTW, I'd like to join the 'WE HATE SINGLE SIDED DISCS FANCLUB', my Friends boxsets are single sided and just look plain cheap, not to mention that whatever side you rest them on to put in the case they get scratched!:cry

Luckily the Packaging is an improvement.

DVD Scratched Easily!

Yes i can agree that the discs can come or get scratched. I know most of us order online and is a painto send it back, postage costs, the waiting for a replacement etc

However even with minor scratches, if you player is good, it will paly the discs fine

But i can see the point that, we shell out bucks/pounds and we should recieve in return fault free sets

Thanks for the info about the packaging and discs. But what of the episodes themselves? I've heard R1 has some audio anomalies, like on "Hurricane" and some other eps. Is it the same with R2? The really big question, though, is about the music replacement. Is it the same on R2 or did one or two songs squeak through as opposed to R1.
Yes, I was asking myself the same thing... I'm thinking about buying season 4 in R1 (for the english subtitles), but only if there's no difference of music with R2.
Could someone please tell me what's best ?

Thank you.