What is everyone's favorite episode from each series?

martyn_the_man_lockey

Project QL Intern
Aug 27, 2006
Newcastle,England
My name is martyn lockey from newcastle, england, im a huge quantum leap fan, im the newest member to this forum, so i hope i can make friends with you all. the question i ask every1 is wat is every1's favorite episode from each series and why?
my answer is -
series 1 - kamikaze kid (best bit when he beats the guy in a race and slides over the car bonet and smacks him)
series 2 - Good morning peoria(cos i like rock n roll music and loved all the songs they played in that episode)
series 3 - Heart of a champion (the episode has the most significance cos this is how i discovered quantum leap, im a huge wrestling fan u see, and one time i turned on to a channel and this episode was on and i just thought it was wrestling cos i noticed terry funk, then when he leaped at the end, i thought oh this is interested then just watched it ever since)
series 4 - the leap back(cos it was so weird seeing al as the real person and sam as the hologram, but quite fun to watch as sam gets a little revenge on al for all the times al was cheeky to him)
series 5 - killing time(cos it was nice to see the outside world in 1999 and wat they thought the future was like, also to see al as a real person once again risking his own life for sam)

so it will be interesting to hear all your answers, hope to speak 2 youz soon.
MARTYN LOCKEY

Wahey! Another Northener from Newcastle! Nice to see that there are other fans of QL up here.

As for the eps.....

Season 1 - The Color of Truth - It's just really good and was my first QL episode that made me know all I needed to and sealed my contract to worship it forever - or you know just buy lots of merchandise.

Season 2 - MIA - I mean what else could it be, so moving and a very emotional episode that shows just how good an actor Dean Stockwell is.

Season 3 - A Hunting we will go - So much comedic value and a great funny episode, for me anyway, and Sam wears a cowboy hat!

Season 4 - The Leap Back - Creat role rehearsal, an old setup but a great episode (BTW Watch it here:
http://www.freewebs.com/enterprise07/videosandstuff.htm - Yay self advertising!)

Season 5 - Lee Harvey Oswald (Both parts) - A great episode that shows all of Scott Bakula's acting talents, and a nice twist at the end to make this a thrilling episode.

Well that's all folks!:)

Hm...some of mine are the same as posted above, but I'll post them anyway...

Season 1: "Camikazi Kid" - I liked Al's advice on how he's been "up against hot shots like that before" and the plan they came up with to bruise Bob's over-inflated ego. Since I generally can't stand people with big egos like that, I found it satisfying how he got what was coming to him. I also like when the leaps strike a personal chord with either Sam or Al. In this case it was Sam, and we got to see how important it was for him to save his "sister" in this episode.

Season 2: "Another Mother" ("Jimmy" comes in a close second) - This is one of my favorite episodes not only in Season 2, but in the series itself. I remember feeling a lot of sympathy for Kevin, who was in an awkward position in high school that I think everybody's in at one point or another. It was also interesting to see how Sam and Al had to handle the added twist of Teresa being able to see them for who they were.

Season 3: "Shock Theater" - This, for me, was by far the most well-done episode in Season 3. We got to see Al rap, Sam become possessed by some of the previous people he's leapt into, and it was a genuinely exciting episode all around. Scott Bakula's acting was also particularly amazing in this episode, needless to say.

Season 4: "The Leap Back" - Although the mechanics of it made no sense and at times was a bit goofy, I still found this to be a very good episode. The finale was also especially powerful, where Sam had to make a choice and sacrifice his love for Donna in order to save Al. We also got to see more of the Project and Ziggy for the first time, who turned out to have a female voice, to fans' surprise.

Season 5: "Killin' Time" - I always loved the episodes that broke free of the standard formula, and this one was no exception. I thought it was a great idea to have the leapee actually escape the Project in the future. It was great to see Al chase Leon through the streets of New Mexico and cruising around in his Ferrari. Seeing Sam having to explain his project to the mother and little girl was also interesting, if anything because of the absurdity of it all.

A little pushed for time, so I won't give an explanation, just the episodes.

1: The Color Of Truth

2: M.I.A.

3: Shock Theater

4: The Wrong Stuff

5: Killin' Time, although this is as far as I have got through Season 5 as it is running on TV at the moment. Star Light, Star Bright is on today. I guess the rest are pretty predictable boring favourites.

Season 1: The Colour of Truth
Season 2: A tie between "What Price Gloria", "MIA" and "Jimmy"
Season 3: A tie between "Black on White on Fire" and "Shock Theatre"
Season 4: A tie between "The Leap Back" and "A Leap For Lisa"
Season 5: A tie between Trilogy (all three parts) and all the Evil Leaper episodes

Last edited:
season 1: either Genesis, or the right hand of god because of the sleep talking scene :p
season 2 : Good Morning Peoria or MIA
season 3 : 8 1/2 months - sooooo funny!
season 4 : the leap back... or a leap for lisa
season 5 : dr ruth

Season 1: Camikaze Kid
Season 2: Another Mother
Season 3: Little Miracle
Season 4: The Plays the Thing (I liked this episode for a strage reason, because it gave me a very profound message when I really needed it). Dramatically I thought Raped was very well done. The way they handled the issue was nothing short of unbelievable.
Season 5: Dr. Ruth

Season One: The Color of Truth. SB hits exactly the right notes as a white person whom everybody sees as black. The expressions on his face as he encounters attitudes and slurs that black people take as a given are brilliant.
Season Two: So Help Me, God. Steamy! This episode reminds me of To Kill A Mockingbird. The last courtroom scene is riveting.
Season Three: Shock Theatre (with runners up 8 1/2 Months and Last Dance Before an Execution). Who can resist crazy!Sam? Brilliant acting, tense and heartbreaking. (Both runner up episodes have Sam dealing with circumstances way out of his control, yet 8 1/2 Months manages to have great comic moments, and Last Dance tackles capital punishment is an even handed manner that is rare for TV). S3 is particularly hard to choose.
Season Four: Raped (if I ignore the timing issue), because of the complex, sensitive way they handled the issue of date rape. (A Single Drop of Rain as a runner up, because I love how Sam paints himself into a corner, and GTFW comes through with a miracle).
Season Five: Lee Harvey Oswald, again crazy!Sam gets me every time. The seamless transitions between LHO and Sam are on a par with Sally Field's "Sybil" and Joanne Woodward's "Three Faces of Eve." And yes, my runner up would be Mirror Image.

1 Genesis.
2 A potrait for troian. this episode still gives me the creeps everytime i see it
3 the leap home
4 temptation eyes. this episode is chilling like the other ep of the show dreams and its interesting to see that someone from the past sees sam and not the other person sam leaped to
5 killing time.this episode is totally awsome

Deliver Us From Evil I,II,III
Mirror Image.

Deliver Us From Evil is just so powerful, and I can't beleaive no one put this down as their favorite one..

I do like all the others but those are my favs...... :-D

Season 1: Camikaze Kid

Season 2: Good Night, Dear Heart

Season 3: Last Dance Before An Execution

Season 4: A Leap for Lisa

Season 5: Trilogy (part I, II and II)

Leaperfrom2006 said:
Deliver Us From Evil I,II,III
Mirror Image.

Deliver Us From Evil is just so powerful, and I can't beleaive no one put this down as their favorite one..

I do like all the others but those are my favs...... :-D

Heyyyyy, I picked them!!!