AL and Sam contact

RManstooth

Project QL Intern
Feb 25, 2008
It is my understanding that Al can only see Sam from the imaging chamber. Let's say Sam is about to step into a very dangerous situation and Al is not with him, how does Al know that he is in danger? Or does he not know at all? Is there a way for AL to constantly monitor Sam's wherabouts?

Ziggy would tell him what happens in the original history and Al would put 2 and 2 together and get to Sam ASAP. We saw his happen in "The Leap Back", only Sam and Al had swapped places.

It seems that Ziggy is able to monitor Sam's location and what he's doing. (But not what he's thinking or saying.) So Ziggy could tell Al if Sam needed help.

Ziggy might know if Sam was calling for Al - or rather, the person he Leaped into randomly calling for Al!

i agree with the "Leap Back" theory.. They keep track of the original time line and go from there... Pretty simple i guess ... lol

I'm not sure Al and Ziggy know everything Sam is doing: Ziggy has her database and the information she is able to get are sometimes more realistic (for example in "Justice" she knows Nathaniel will be hanged, but not why and by whom) for a database, sometimes not so much (how would she know all about crimes commited in "Last dance" and "Revenge of the evil leaper"?). But she is not able to "scan" everything Sam is doing, IMO, for example, in "Running for Honour" Al doesn't know about the "visit" Chain gang paid to Sam previously until he informs Al about it.

I subscribe to the theory that, because of the mesons and neurons that Al and Sam and Ziggy share, coupled with Ziggy's highly advanced technology, she's able to track certain of Sam's physiological responses (i.e. heart rate, blood pressure) and does so during a leap. So, knowing the range of Sam's baseline normal readings, if he gets into a situation that would cause his blood pressure or heart rate to rise abnormally sharply, and if Al's not with him, Ziggy would notify Al immediately. So, as I see it, Ziggy is the "constant monitoring/early warning device" that enables Al to always have instant notification if Sam's in danger.

Like I said, that's the theory to which I subscribe. :)

Eleiece

Last edited:
Sherdran said:
I subscribe to the theory that, because of the mesons and neurons that Al and Sam and Ziggy share, coupled with Ziggy's highly advanced technology, she's able to track certain of Sam's physiological responses i.e. heart rate, blood pressure) and does so during a leap. So, knowing the range of Sam's baseline normal readings, if he gets into a situation that would cause his blood pressure or heart rate to rise abnormally sharply, and if Al's not with him, Ziggy would notify Al immediately. So, as I see it, Ziggy is the "constant monitoring/early warning device" that enables Al to always have instant notification if Sam's in danger.

Like I said, that's the theory to which I subscribe. :)

Eleiece

I'm with you, makes sense to me!

i think that something tells zig there whereabouts. especially if they "log in" to her. see how in the leap back sam and donna were heavy petting and well she interrupted sam's "first night of martial bliss" and he just had a link with his arm gizmo. i was too busy looking at his chest to focus was he wearing the bracelet thing or not? if he wasn't, then they're a way to track down sam and if not, well everyone else's theory stands true.