Got my R2 Season 3 DVD set today !

BlueSovereign

Project QL Intern
Oct 30, 2005
UK
After many weeks of waiting between season 2 and this set I can now say I'm a happy guy again and Christmas was great too - hope everyone here had a happy Xmas !

I've been unwell the past couple of days and today I stayed in bed and watched the first disk and 3 of the 4 episodes on disk 2. It was so good to see "Leap Home" 1+2 again and I must admit that it was sad to see Sam trying to save his father and brother as it does bring tears to my eyes. He got to save his brother though and I felt good again after that.

The other episodes that I have seen so far are great and it was interesting to see the new uncompleted gummi-bear link being introduced - you could see that the gummi-bear lights are actually added onto the previous hand-link (when Al holds it up you can clearly see that most of the back is incomplete and is dark like the previous) which indicates that it was upgraded with new technology. Maybe that holds true for the control console too back at the project with all those flashy boxes being upgrades onto the previous model - although we don't get to see the older version.

Hey! That's great Blue! My daughter got it for me and I opened it on Christmas day...the one gift I was waiting for the most! I think so far my most favorite episode from season 3 is "8 and a half months"...the one where Sam is pregnant...I think the part where Sam is in labor is just hysterical and I love it when he tells Al to Go to H*LL...
It reminds me of when I was in labor and I said the same thing to a nurse! I think Scott exaggerates labor just a bit, but I was a believer that he was pregnant! :)

QLEAP said:
Hey! That's great Blue! My daughter got it for me and I opened it on Christmas day...the one gift I was waiting for the most! I think so far my most favorite episode from season 3 is "8 and a half months"...the one where Sam is pregnant...I think the part where Sam is in labor is just hysterical and I love it when he tells Al to Go to H*LL...
It reminds me of when I was in labor and I said the same thing to a nurse! I think Scott exaggerates labor just a bit, but I was a believer that he was pregnant! :)

Well, it didn't exaggerate it when it came to my mom's labor, according to her, haha. She was in labor for 16 hours with me then had to have an emergency C-Section. She thought it was accurately described :)

Samantha Beckett

Wow..I feel sorry for your mother...I'm thankful I never had to go through anything like that...
I think I was comparing Sam's labor to my own because he didn't have a C section and was having the baby pretty quickly like I did...I was only in labor for two hours with my second child and they hurriedly ran me into the delivery room...I was in alot of pain and didn't have any kind of pain killers either...I wasn't trying to criticize his acting in any way..I love Scott and I enjoyed this episode alot! :) I'm thinking Scott was perhaps trying to portray how a man would act if he had to have a baby...alot more fear maybe? I probably spoke too soon about the exaggeration comment..I don't know if he won an award for this episode, but he should have :)

QLEAP said:

I'm on the disk with 8 and 1/2 months and have yet to see it, but from what I remember from years ago I also remember Sam saying something to Al like, "Get it out ! Al Get it out !" and that was something that had me giggling to myself the next day in school assembly.

Labor

16 hours is nothing!

I was in labor 43 hours with my son!

They admitted me on Tues evening at 6pm to induce me as he was ten days late, he arrived at quarter past one Thursday lunchtime! No C section.

No, Scott was not exaggerating, but yeh, I think he was showing it from a male perspective.

BlueSovereign said:
I'm on the disk with 8 and 1/2 months and have yet to see it, but from what I remember from years ago I also remember Sam saying something to Al like, "Get it out ! Al Get it out !" and that was something that had me giggling to myself the next day in school assembly.

OMGoodness!! I loved that part! Yes he did scream for Al to "Get it out!" and it was too funny! All poor Al could do was stand there and watch...I can so relate to this episode...I even had a little girl..lol!!:baby

QLEAP said:
OMGoodness!! I loved that part! Yes he did scream for Al to "Get it out!" and it was too funny! All poor Al could do was stand there and watch...I can so relate to this episode...I even had a little girl..lol!!:baby

I wonder what Sam had in mind when he was asking Al this ?

I guess it was all fear speaking there :hair.

I agree...fear and being out of his head with pain..lol!! He obviously wasn't thinking straight because if he were in his right mind, he knew Al couldn't help him...