is this good news about the UK release?

littleblue

Project QL Intern
Jul 24, 2005
I was looking on play.com today and saw the it now has QL season 2 listed for the 10th October. BUT.... it says it is a 6 disc set!!! Could this mean that this version will make up for the mutilagted US versions??

*fingers crossed*

For your sake, I hope it does. I personally don't have a preference between single and double-sided discs, but I think that the single-sided ones are much nicer. On the other hand, I like having less discs, too. Guess I'm a "flip-flopper" when it comes to that. What matters to me most are things like the quality of the episodes and that they're preserved just the way they were (aside from a more polished picture).

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that maybe they can use the extra space to put in more features. Maybe wishful thinking, but...

The 3-disc sets Universal has been releasing are double-sided, dual-layered. 6 dual-layered discs would have precisely the same amount of disc space as the Universal releases.

Hopefully they will add features, but I doubt it. I have a feeling that our only chance of getting some bonus features (for all regions) is for the Season 5 set. I've heard that Universal plans to include bonus features on the 4th (and final) season of Knight Rider because it is the last season (the 2nd has no features and the upcoming 3rd won't either).

I'm hoping this is true and that it is a trend with the company's sets, although I don't know of any of their DVD sets where the complete series has been released yet. I could see Universal including maybe some kind of documentary about the ending of the series or something for Season 5.

So maybe the plan is bonus features on 1st and final seasons, hmm? One lives in hope....