Male voice in the Saga Cell

That's Lance LeGault, who played Chance McGill in "How the Tess Was Won." That early in the series, Don and Deborah were obviously still experimenting with the saga cells. I guess they didn't care for Lance's version too much as it was only used for "Another Mother."

i thought it should have been kept for scott to narrate...but then again, that's me. i know i know: mike rowe from dirty jobs! just kidding. he was in college in '89. he does such a great job narrating deadliest catch!

I told my daughter it was Ziggy, before the sex change. We both got a giggle out of that.

Although I enjoy watching the Season one and early Season two saga sells narrated by Sam, I agree with DPB that:

1. They would never work in reruns, unless you could guarantee that the eps would always be shown in the same order
2. Although they were clever, they took too long.

cookiemom6067 said:
I told my daughter it was Ziggy, before the sex change. We both got a giggle out of that.

I love it! :D But that makes me wonder... whose idea was the sex change? Gooshie's? I can believe he would continue to tinker with Ziggy's programming after Sam leaps, but I don't think he would take it upon himself to change Ziggy's gender. Al's? It's in line with his sense of humor and his general enjoyment of all things female, but again, I wonder if he would feel it's his business to do that.
Or Ziggy's... um... herself? (Himself?) I really think she would have to want to do it. She has a big ego, after all. I hope she didn't experience gender dysphoria... (sorry, I read too much psychology). :D You know, feeling she was really a female computer in a male computer's... uh.... circuits.

That's a funny thought. Although, even after "The Leap Back," (and actually in the episode itself, Ziggy is referred to with both genders. Sam says, "Why did I give him Barbara Streisand's ego?" And then there's also the conversation between Sam and Al in "Revenge Of the Evil Leaper" where Al tells Sam about the new leaper. They say something along the lines of:

Al: "Ziggy says there's another leaper."
Sam: "Well she's just pickin' up Alia."
Al: "No, he already counted her."