New community member

Clara5

Project QL Intern
Nov 6, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hello!!!

I've been reading the messages here for some time but I finally decided to join for a reason I will keep to myself until Brian (Al's Place Bartender) decides to say something about it.

Well, anyways, I am very happy to join all of you and I look foward to making friends with all of you.

I've watched Quantum Leap for some time when it passed on Space, but in fact there are still some episodes that I haven't seen. (Thank god I can find them on the internet...) I think Quantum Leap is a great series, and I look foward to seeing how they will bring it back to life.

Well, see you later!!!

Clara5

Welcome to the board, Clara! It's always great to have another Leaper around to discuss the show that seems to transcend, excuse the pun, time. :lol

So, it's Space where you watched QL, huh? That must mean that you're a Canadian, like yours truly. <G> I began watching QL on Space in March 1999 after my dad said I should watch an episode, since he enjoyed watching it way back when it originally aired (and I actually remembered Al and his cigar). It all started with one little episode called "Star Crossed"...

Feel free to share your QL experiences with us all; we're a big friendly bunch of people. :hurray

... Mike. ^_^

Welcome to the board, Clara! It's always great to have another Leaper around to discuss the show that seems to transcend, excuse the pun, time.
........... :withstupid

Welcome to the board, Clara! I look forward to seeing some fresh opinions and ideas in the discussions to come (the rest of you are stale now, stale!). :lol ;)

Er, sorry. I think I've ODed on coffee or something -- My strange mood has gotten the better of me.

-Biridox

Welcome to the group Clara5!

Small plug - sorry...
If you'd like to get a share of QL then visit QL: The Virtual Seasons... over a 100 stories there to read... :)

If you need anything just let any of us know...

Have a question... ask away... I'm sure that someone will know the answer (Joy - mostly...) but someone will know. :)

If you have any problems, just let a moderator or Brian now and we'll try to take care of it asap... and in an adult/friendly way. :)

Enjoy!

MJ

Welcome from me too Clara!
:sing All together now "Willkomen, Bienvenue, Welcome"

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hope you will be as happy here as I am.

Helen

Welcome :wavey Clara5 to our "little" but rapidly expanding community, where insanity rules and to a place where it doesn't matter if you're as nutty as a fruitcake. We're all bonkers here!!

Welcome to
"The Asylum"
We knew we'd get you in the end
Bwahwahahahaha...​

Welcome Clara5! I hope you enjoy it here @ Al's Place message board as much as the rest of us! Quantum Leap is, IMO, the best scifi show that I know of. Star Trek is second.
:leap
~Steve(aka RossBeckett)
rossbeckett2002@yahoo.com

Welcome, Clara! I think you'll like it here. Feel free to say whatever's on your mind. I'm sure the esteemed bartender would welcome you personally, but he's currently on vacation... again...

And *AHEM* stale, Krystal? Sheesh, nice to know we're appreciated around here! :b (Just kidding, Krys!)

Welcome aboard, Clara.

Wow, I'm glad to receive so many happy welcoming messages!!! I look foward to becoming friends with you.

However, I think I can't do that until I know more about you... It would be good for me to know who's who...
But since I'm new I guess I'd better start with me:
I'm a 20 year-old girl from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I speak two languages, English and French (which is my mother language) and a little bit of Spanish, but I'm not very good at it.
I am a student at university in Marketing.
I like reading, figure skating, surfing the internet but mostly watching TV. My favorite shows are Quantum Leap, Star Trek (depends which series), and two quebec's tv series called "Radio Enfer" and "Dans une Galaxie pr?s de chez Vous".

Well, that's about all I can think of right now... but if you have ANY questions, just ask me... I'll be glad to answer them.

I guess I'd better go to bed (it's 2AM now) before I blabber my whole life's story out, so see you later everyone and take care of you!!!

Clara

P.S. I don't remember in who's signature I saw someone mention Tom Selleck but I happen to have seen a biography of him on tv last night in which I learned that he was originally the one that was supposed to play Indiana Jones in the movie... Weird... I like it better that he made Magnum P.I. and that Harrisson Ford took the part...

Hello Clara, my fellow Canadian. I'm from Vancouver, BC, on the other side of Canada. I also watched QL on Space, back when it was on. I am also new to this board.

Well, have fun!

Crayonx
:poke

Hi Clara

Welcome to Al's Place messageboard.

My name's Dermot and I am from Ireland. I am the webmaster @ Quantum Leaping. I am 24, in 3 or 4 weeks times.

I work for a company called Omagh Enterprise in Co. Tyrone as an Administrations Officer, but as with most jobs, I do more than what the job title suggests! lol

I am going to see Meatloaf at the Odyssey in Belfast in December. Can't wait to see him. My favourite, non-irish, singer!

<a href="http://www.quantumleaping.com" target="_new">www.quantumleaping.com</a>
webmaster@quantumleaping.com

Wow, I'm not alone in this big ol' country anymore! <LOL> Clara and Craynox are here to keep me company now, although I live somewhere in between them... I am living in Waterloo, Ontario (originally from London, Ontario) going to university here in computer science. I should be studying, but hey, it's Sunday night. :b

If you want to read my life story of QL, you can see my message in the archives at pub69.ezboard.com/falspla...=302.topic

I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only person watching QL on Space... I felt like I was the only one in London, anyway. :lol

... Mike. ^_^

EDIT:
P.S.: So, I'm stupid now, am I, Krystal? Well, I never! :b

Uhm... er... Mike... do you really want her to answer that question? *grin*

Well... I'll go ahead and give a little information.

I was born on ...

No...

I'm a Special Education teacher in Round Rock, Texas and am about to be moving soon to San Angelo. I'm 32 with 3 kiddos and am about to go insane (if you couldn't tell)... oh yeah, and I'm married too -- great guy... just a bit odd. LOL

I'm should be in Quantum Leap Anonymous - That's how in drenched in it that I am. I am the webmistress for Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons (QL:TVS) and writer for the same site. I am also the webmistress for Quantum Retribution (QR) and write for it as well. I am also the Quantum Leap Producer/Writer for Quantum Realities (QRealities). I also write the Rodette Vision column here at Al's Place (Rodette).

Now, that I've told you all that I'm doing there, I'm still avid in watching Scott on Enterprise... and BOY was last week's episode an eye-opener for us all... any ep where he has his shirt off... :)

If you have any questions, someone here will know the answer. I'm sure of it!

Take care!
MJ

A little about me, huh? Hmm, where to begin... let's see... (am about to show a side of my personality not seen too often... uh-oh...)

Well, it all started when the earth cooled; and then the dinosaurs came. But they got too big and fat and they all turned into oil. Shortly thereafter, Queens was born (one of the 5 boroughs of New York City) and I came into existence some approximate 28 years ago (give or take a few months). I was the product of a union between a flying trapeze artist dressed as a nun and a clown, both of whom left the circus to begin a reality show called "Who Wants to Marry My Brother's Cousin's Sister's Former Roomate?" I also like to juggle large kumquats on Thursdays, maybe...

Okay, as you can obviously see, I'm being quite silly! :lol If you haven't figured it by now, I have a very strange and random sense of humor. As I mentioned above, I'm 27 (28 in January), I live in a boring little town called Glendale in the borough of Queens, New York and I am the ORIGINAL King of Queens (CBS stole the title from me), or rather, I am ONE of The Kings of Queens, a comedy duo that a friend and I made up about 10 years ago, when we were just out of high school. I do some graphic art work occasionally, but my passion lies in writing.

That's about all you really need to know about me. If you go the Alumni section of this website, you can see the various pictures of many of us, myself included. The regulars include: me (Dman176), MJ (QLDamsel - the "other" half of my brain *GRIN*), Brian (alsplacebartender), Helen (leaper1), Sue (SueJBakula), Dermy (ziggyego), Joy (tina_als_girl), "Gelf" (gelfling - don't ask her name, she won't tell ya! Heh heh...), Andrea (Yoshihira - ain't she a cutie? ;) ), Matt (mstalanon), Mikey (MikeKraken) and of course, the International Man of Mystery himself...

THE ROD!!! :lol

There are others, like Aurora, Ruthie, Stephanie, etc. who don't come around as often anymore, but we're all a big family here (as I'm sure you now have the impression). Don't let our occasional wackiness fool ya! We're all very intelligent and creative people who know when to be serious when needed... most of the times... ;)

Until Next Time,

*blinks at Damon's response* That was... different! Well... not *really* :lol Let's see... what do I have to say...

I am gelfling, or at least that's what they call me online. (*gives Damon a look*:p ) I am a 20 (soon to be 21) year old New York City gal, also from Queens, New York. I'm a full time university student but when real life decides to let me loose, I come online and wreak havoc, bothering people with my little projects.;) I've done some written and graphics stuff for theQuantum Realities radio group and I play Verbeena Beeks at Sue and Ruthie's QL RPG. When time allows, I work on my silly project run amok, the Quantum Leap/Enterprise crossover comic book (plugosity! :lol ).

Umm... I think that's it... Welcome again! Glad to have you here :)

Cheers,
~gelfling

Well, you can put me down under the group that "doesn't come around here much anymore." Life has taken a turn for me and I don't have as much time as I used to...

I'm probably one of the "more seasoned" members of this board as I just turned 38. I am married with two kids and a dog. I'm a student in graduate school and ended up taking a job as a high school librarian about a year earlier than anticipated, but I'm loving it.

Welcome Clara5 and crayonX. I'll try to be present more.

Just a thought Brian, but is there any way these wonderful potted biographies could be preserved in a link, say from the alumni page, so that they don't get lost in the maze of threads?

THough not as colorful, here is my resume:
I can beat the 'old' 38 years by quite a bit - being 46!
Married with two teenage kids.
Work as an ICT technician running an Independent Learning Centre within a British school.
Totally obsessed with all things QL - avid fanfic reader and sometime writer.
Complete and utter nutter! (but {mostly} harmless)

Well, if you're all gonna do THAT, then I'd better come up with something better than what I said already...

Don't want MJ to keep callin' me the Kumquat King! :b
Sheeeeeesh....

About me.........

Hmmmmmmmmmm, Well, there is not really much too tell. I am a 28 year old widow with three wonderful kids. I have received my BA in Early Childhood Ed. and now working on my writing and Journalism degree. I am also taking classes in directing and acting. I work as a pre-k teacher at a La-Petite, they work with my school schedule. Most of my time is spent watching my tapes of QL or listening to the cassettes I dubbed from the videos to listen to in the car. Yes I have no life and I'm raising my kids to be leapers. But, they are very smart kids one even wants to be a scientist now.

Well, that's about it I'm not that exciting.

Re: About me.........

Shortnsassy....
You may be the sister that I never had!
Bless you with the BA in Early Childhood Ed... but I went that route with the Journalism degree and found that Educ was the thing that I wanted to be with. Pre-k Teachers... GOD BLESS YOU! I couldn't do it.

Excuse me, but you are exciting. If you are raising three kids to be leapers... bless you even more. :) I understand the trials and tribulations in raising 3 kids.. I have 3 - 2 boys (identical twins, who are 7) and 1 girl(10).

But then again, anyone who's a mom.... needs not only the blessings but the strength to keep going day in and out.

You have my prayers hon. :)

Can't wait to learn more about you...

*grin*