S

shortnsassy717

Hello everyone,

I have been visiting this site for about a week now, I am a huge fan of QL and didn't want to become a member if there were people bashing the show. (it only makes me mad when that happens) But, I have found out that this is a very informative and very nice site.
I have enjoyed QL since it started, I recorded every episode the first time it aired (I know that's a little freaky) I watch them every chance I get. I would one day like to write for the book series. Sorry, I won't take up too much more of your time, I really just wanted to say hello and thank you for letting me look in on your conversations, and hopefully to be welcomed in to post on them as well.

Thank you,,,,,,,,,shortnsassy

(real quick i thought i read about a live chat with SB but not sure on how to get involved with that, a little help if you don't mind. thank you again)

Welcome to Al's place - absolutely THE best Quantum Leap site on the world wide web. (Though Sue and MJ have majorly cool sites too!)

Have a :cheers , pull up a chair and sit a spell.
Look forward to getting to know you.

Hope you'll be as happy here as I am - tis my home away from home.

Welcome to our little community!

No worries about bashing - all the folks here are true fans and with our esteemed bartender's help we've been pretty good about keeping out the trolls. :)

Anyway, I look forward to reading more of your posts...

Cheers,
~gelfling

Hello shortnsassy...

I welcome you here as a fellow new member... as you can see it hasn't been too much time since I joined myself. I really hope you like it here. Just go check out my topic, I'm sure you will find people are very friendly when it comes to new members...

Anyways, I won't bore you to death by keeping to blabber here, so I might just as well go...

Bye!!!

Clara

Hi shortnsassy

Welcome to the Al's Place messageboard. The people here are really friendly. About the best you can meet on the Internet. They are always ready to lend a hand in any way they can, whether it be in a Quantum or Non-Quantum Leap way.

Hope to keep seeing you here :)

<a href="http://www.quantumleaping.com" target="_new">www.quantumleaping.com</a>
webmaster@quantumleaping.com

Hey there!

Welcome to Al's Place! I've been talking with everyone here for a year now and I can tell you, you couldn't find a more lively and friendlier group of people around. Unlike over at scifi.com, we all care very much for the show and treat people with respect... unlike some trolls who I won't mention. No bashing allowed here! :)

BTW, unfortunately, the books are no longer being published. They stopped years ago. BUT... if you're really into writing, MJ's got a little something called the Virtual Seasons, which picks up where "Mirror Image" left off. It's currently in its 10th season, and quite a few of us have either written or are in the process of writing "episodes" for it. And MJ and her co-producer partner, AJ, could always use new writers.

Brian's also got The Starbright Project, which is a prequel virtual series that features stories from before Sam ever leaped. (So, in other words, Al was married 5 times and Sam never married Donna.) Or, you could always write your own fanfiction story and post it in the fanfiction section. OR, if you're into roleplaying, there are a few RPG boards other than Al's Place, where we take on certain characters and sort of "round-robin" ideas back and forth. Sue's board The Leap Continues is one such example. We've got some pretty wild stuff going on there... like a future version of Ziggy going completely insane and Sammy-Jo's daughter coming back in time to stop her (which I started, by the way :b )

Heh heh, so how's that for "plugosity" everyone? :crazy As you can see, we're all a little nuts, but it's all in good fun! Welcome to the board! Hope we haven't scared ya off! ;)

Wow, Damon, you really said it right. <G>

Welcome to the board, shortnsassy. I'm sure that you'll enjoy your stay here. ^_^ Everybody's friendly and always willing to help out, and there's no need to fear trolls. I think Brian has some kind of charm that keeps them away... :b

Anyway, if you're looking for more role-playing and the like, check out another QL-RPG called Future's Past (link in my signature). It'd be great if your novel could be published, but they haven't been done for a while, and it's unlikely that anymore based on the original QL will be produced. But, you can always try your hand at the Virtual Seasons, of course.

Great to have more people aboard!

... Mike. ^_^

Just to add to my post since I did keep it short and sweet since Damon OBVIOUSLY said it all... *grin*

Welcome to the board and to the Quantum Leap Insane Asylum. It's always nice to have new people to come in and bounce stuff off... on... against... etc. :b

We'll try to be gentle at first... but you never know when someone comes out hard and fast with something and you blink and miss it and then re-blink and still miss it. :rollin

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. And yeah... if you can't tell, I'm in an excellent mood and am likely to have a nervous breakdown soon.

Once again, welcome!!!

MJ

Damon is always stealing words from our mouths >_>; lmao. Anyways welcome!!! ^_^

Ya act silly for one day and they don't let ya live it down...

:rolleyes Oy vey!

Thank-you

I appreciate the wonderful welcome from all of you. And thankyou Damon for showing me around (so to speak). I'm sure that I'm going to enjoy it here, so far I have really been impressed with everyone. Maybe I will see if I can write for the virtual seasons, I have been reading some. I guess I did not pay too much attention to the books, I had no idea they were no longer publishing them. Thank-you again for the welcome

Sorry.........

I had to reply again I spelled Dman's name wrong. I apoligize for that I guess I wasn't paying attention to your the spelling.

Re: Sorry.........

LOL, you didn't spell my name wrong. It's Damon, as in Matt Damon or Damon Wayans. My online ID is Dman176, so you can call me either Damon or Dman, doesn't matter to me. :)

Um... you guys must not have read my post to Clara telling a bit about myself: Click here

Needless to say, SOME people don't let ya forget when you say something silly... :rolleyes

aha!!!!

A little about me, huh? Hmm, where to begin... let's see... (am about to show a side of my personality not seen too often... uh-oh...)

Well, it all started when the earth cooled; and then the dinosaurs came. But they got too big and fat and they all turned into oil. Shortly thereafter, Queens was born (one of the 5 boroughs of New York City) and I came into existence some approximate 28 years ago (give or take a few months). I was the product of a union between a flying trapeze artist dressed as a nun and a clown, both of whom left the circus to begin a reality show called "Who Wants to Marry My Brother's Cousin's Sister's Former Roomate?" I also like to juggle large kumquats on Thursdays, maybe...

Okay, as you can obviously see, I'm being quite silly! If you haven't figured it by now, I have a very strange and random sense of humor. As I mentioned above, I'm 27 (28 in January), I live in a boring little town called Glendale in the borough of Queens, New York and I am the ORIGINAL King of Queens (CBS stole the title from me), or rather, I am ONE of The Kings of Queens, a comedy duo that a friend and I made up about 10 years ago, when we were just out of high school. I do some graphic art work occasionally, but my passion lies in writing.

That's about all you really need to know about me. If you go the Alumni section of this website, you can see the various pictures of many of us, myself included. The regulars include: me (Dman176), MJ (QLDamsel - the "other" half of my brain *GRIN*), Brian (alsplacebartender), Helen (leaper1), Sue (SueJBakula), Dermy (ziggyego), Joy (tina_als_girl), "Gelf" (gelfling - don't ask her name, she won't tell ya! Heh heh...), Andrea (Yoshihira - ain't she a cutie? ), Matt (mstalanon), Mikey (MikeKraken) and of course, the International Man of Mystery himself...

THE ROD!!!

There are others, like Aurora, Ruthie, Stephanie, etc. who don't come around as often anymore, but we're all a big family here (as I'm sure you now have the impression). Don't let our occasional wackiness fool ya! We're all very intelligent and creative people who know when to be serious when needed... most of the times...

Until Next Time,
Damon

From that to kumquat king or queen... Okay...

Wow, I HAVE been away too long!

Matt