Small DITD Mention - LA Times - 3/13/08 (inc. photo)

JuliaM

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2004
Massachusetts
www.seshatplace.com
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/orange/la-gd-perfcandy13darkocmar13,0,328012.story

MAKING THE LEAP
This is the scary part where actor Scott Bakula and the 1953 film "The Band Wagon" close their eyes, hold hands and jump from the screen onto the stage of San Diego's Old Globe for the world premiere of "Dancing in the Dark," an adaptation renamed for one of the film's hit songs. Bakula, pictured with Mara Davi, draws from his Broadway career to re-create the role of Tony Hunter, played in the film by Fred Astaire. "There won't be anyone mistaking that I'm Fred Astaire," he says. But this is coming from an actor who once learned to play the banjo for a film.
7 p.m. Tue.-Wed., 8 p.m. Thu.-Fri., 2 and 8 p.m. Sat., 2 and 7 p.m. Sun., ends April 13. 1363 Old Globe Way. $52 - $79. (619) 234-5623; www.theoldglobe.org

I believe this is the photo referenced in the text. I had to find it in a separate search of the Times:

36505524.jpg

DREAM REALIZED: Patrick Page , Mara Davi and Scott Bakula in the world premiere production of "Dancing in the Dark" at San Diego's Old Globe Theatre.
(Craig Schwartz)