What TV shows do you collect on DVD?

DeadZoneLeaper

Project QL Intern
Jan 17, 2004
Danville, PA
I'm getting ready to launch my own station..:b

Simpsons, South Park, MASH, Star Trek: Next Gen & DS9, Monty Python's Flying Circus,Dead Zone, and of course Quantum Leap...

Shows to add eventually to list: Star Trek: Original Crew & Enterprise, and Greatest American Hero

LOL!

Okay, I have some: I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, Dukes of Hazzard, Quantum Leap--of course. Soon I'll get the DVDs of Good Eats (Alton Brown, Food Network), and Monk. If it counts, I have a few VHS of Zorro (what few were actually released) and 2 and a half seasons of Next Generation. One day I'll actually buy the Next Gen sets. I also want to get the DVDs of Keeping Up Appearances, and I'd love to get my hands on Billy Boyd's episode of Taggart.

Really?? Wow. Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't exactly been looking. They have used game trader shops coming out the wazoo, so SOMEWHERE there must be one. Thanks for the tip!

I mentioned it somewhere else a while back, but so far, I've got all seven seasons of TNG, the first five seasons of DS9, the first season of Voyager, the first seasons of The Simpsons, 24, and Quantum Leap (of course), and the first two seasons of The Sopranos. At some point (when I actually have some money to spend) I plan on eventually picking up the other seasons of the aforementioned shows.

Sliders will definitely be added to my collection, along with the original Star Trek (eventually). I might contemplate picking up The Greatest American Hero at some point if it's not too expensive, and Three's Company was one of my favorite sitcoms when I was younger.

But there's actually one show I remembered about that really deserves the DVD treatment: Nowhere Man. There's a small article on it in this week's Entertainment Weekly which says that there are no plans to release it despite numerous requests for it, and that's what brought it back to my mind. It was only on UPN for one year, but it was a damn good show! Kinda like a serialized version of The Bourne Identity. It starred Bruce Greenwood as a photographer named Thomas Veil, who suddenly found his identity ripped away from him one night... his wife, friends, family; no one remembered him, and he was constantly being hunted by the government. It was a show that really forced you to think and pay attention to all the clues, which I suppose is why it only lasted for one season (thanks to America's incredibly short attention span). Shame, really... it was a relatively obscure, but underrated show. Even Dean Stockwell was a guest star in one episode (one of the best episodes, obviously ;) ).

I still miss that show... *sigh*

Oh I loved Nowhere Man.....ESPECIALLY Dean's episode. I choose to believe he escaped the shooters in the cornfield. ;)

I don't remember many details other than what was revealed in the last episode (which I won't give away for anyone who has never seen the show), but what I do vaguely remember about that particular episode was that Dean played another man who had his identity taken away from him. He was basically an older version of Thomas Veil, constantly on the run and looking for answers. Dean always plays these intriguing, and often complex roles in just about anything he does, which is why his performances always shine.

What was also great about Nowhere Man was that Thomas Veil always tried to help people before he would ultimately end up moving on to the next town... very reminiscent of The Fugitive and The Incredible Hulk. (And most importantly, Quantum Leap!) :b

I don't remember many details other than what was revealed in the last episode (which I won't give away for anyone who has never seen the show), but what I do vaguely remember about that particular episode was that Dean played another man who had his identity taken away from him. He was basically an older version of Thomas Veil, constantly on the run and looking for answers. Dean always plays these intriguing, and often complex roles in just about anything he does, which is why his performances always shine.

I watched that particular episode several times. I don't believe I have it any longer...I culled a lot of "homemade" tapes as my storebought ones quite adequately fill my entertainment unit, but you're remembering it accurately. What I loved was the excitement on Dean's character's face as he was running from the "bad'uns" I think the misery of that particular character was not only that he'd had his identity stolen, but that he'd been forgotten not only by those he cared about, but apparently also by those who were chasing him. At least that's sort of what I remember about it.

I agree, that would be a great DVD set to get released. Sort of a one-hit-wonders kinda thing. ;)

They'll probably release shows like OtherWorld, The Phoenix, The Hogan Family, We Got It Maid (w/ Teri Copely from Right Hand Of God episode) or Jennifer Slept Here first just to piss everyone off...I'm waiting for the really obscure shows to start coming out...

Kudos to anyone who remembers all of these 80's shows

hmmm...that gives me an idear....(see separate thread)

The Rod's Collection

:bat

TV Series on DVD Thus far:

Battlestar Galactica (Yeah, He knows He rants about it)
24 S1
Quantum Leap
Transformers S1 & 2 (go on, try and laugh at The Great One!)

Soon to be coming through The Doors of The RodCave:

Knight Rider S1 (Preordered and eagerly anticipated baby!)

Hey, Greg, I remember The Hogan Family. That was after it went through like two name changes, if I remember correctly...

Yeah. I believe it started off as Valerie, then when they killed her off and brought in Sandy Duncan as the aunt, it became the Hogan Family......and they recycled the set for Step by Step (Patrick Duffy and Suzanne Somer about the blended family)

I was in LA by myself once for a few weeks (right after the Rodney King Riots...fun fun fun...so much destruction), and I got to walk on the set of Cheers, saw Baywatch being filmed at Venice Beach, was a test audience member for the pilot show for Delta (with Delta Burke - I bombed it and it still aired), and I was in the audience for a taping of the shows FLying BLind on Fox (with Tea Leoni (sp?)) and Step By Step (what an awful show...it was the episode where Patrick Duffy decided to become a human velcro fly and jumped off a trampoline to stick to a wall for a fundraiser...)..MJ will get a kick out of this, the comedienne who entertained the crowd between takes for Step By Step asked if anyone could do voice impressions...I made Suzanne Sommers laugh...(and yeah she was demonstrating the thighmaster during a large set change to kill time)

Oh I loved Nowhere Man.....ESPECIALLY Dean's episode. I choose to believe he escaped the shooters in the cornfield. :b

Ditto here, Jennie!! I recently watched that episode (all right, it was almost two years ago, but it feels like yesterday!) when Family Channel was showing "Nowhere Man". When that show was on the air, I loved it. I'd forgotten about it until I foud out that Dean was guest starring in an episode, so I watched it, and my love of the show was rejuvinated.

I posted my review on theSassies back in the day... one of my favourite Dean performances.

... Mike. ^_^

Currently I only have Quantum Leap and Knight Rider both 1st seasons. I plan to eventually get MacGyver, Miami Vice, and Quantum Leap season 2. :sup

Ha, boy oh boy, I love series that I have seen all of, and that aint many... okay... Quantum Leap, CSI, 24, Frasier... I have seen all of That 70's Show but on TV..

Right now all I have is the first season of QL but I really want to get all seasons of 24 and whatever seasons are available of Providence to buy as well.

Emily. :)

P.S. and of course I will be getting season two of QL very soon, I hope!

I just added Smallville to my list..I borrowed S1 from a friend and I found I liked it...Not as Dawson's Creek as I thought it was gonna be..given the Freak of the Week nature (Clark has to fight something and learn of his powers), it's not too bad and I like how they slowly bring his powers in and there are subtle in-jokes everywhere and they do stay true to some aspects of "future" continuity" when they are all grown up

Back when this was first posted, the only show I had on DVD was QL season one... I got for my birthday "Family Guy" volume one (seasons one and two) and "Futurama" season one. I want to eventually get QL season two and "Lost" season one, as well as the rest of "Family Guy" and "Futurama".

I would buy "Traders" if it wasn't so expensive... and I heard that "This Is Wonderland" will be released as well. (Those are both Canadian shows... both very excellent series I'll add!)

Now, when will "Perfect Strangers" be out on DVD?!!

... Mike. ^_^

Buffy seasons 1-5
Angel season 1
Quantum Leap season 1
Transformers season 1
"V"
Battlestar Galactica
Star Trek DS9 season 2
Stargate SG-1 seasons 1-3
Band Of Brothers
Roswell seasons 1-2