Another Handlink Photo

HologramIAm

Project QL Intern
Sep 15, 2006
SC
www.reedletters.com
I bought this handlink on eBay a year or more ago and adore it. It doesn't light up or make any aggitated Ziggy noises, but I think it's great fun to have. Thought some of you might like a look (if you aren't the actual person I bought it from ;)
HandlinkDisplay.jpg

Handlink.jpg

Enjoy!​

wow looks pretty neat lol.so what does this thing do?i mean you press the buttons and something happen is it like a flashlight?and for how much did you get it

It's a non-working prop all the way, but it is still impressive, huh? I mean, it could probably have some junk added on to make it do something, but I haven't really thought much about doing anything more to it.
As for the cost... you're going to think I am totally friggin' insane, but I paid around $250 for it! I might have gotten it cheaper, but I ended up in a bidding war with someone... I HAD to have it. I might have even paid a bit more I wanted one so badly. I had no idea where else to find one, so to me, this was my only option :banghead Well, I don't really regret it, but I have thought about what became of that money now and again, lol.
Seriously, though, if you have any notion about how to modify it in some way, I'd love to hear ideas. I might even bring it with me to the convention and have Dean sign it :bow As long as he doesn't modify it himself and disappear on us :eek:uttahere

That's a great prop and looks just like the handlink in "Genesis" before the show got a bigger budget and was able to add LEDs to it. I wouldn't feel too bad about paying that much for it. You'll always own it and it has sentimental value. I also wouldn't try to add anything to it as it's fine as is. You should have Brian add that to the handlink page on the Imaging Chamber section of this site. Thanks for sharing.

:hurray: Heck yeah! :hurray: Oh sure, I'd love that... one question, though... who could I talk to to determine if this is an actual prop, a standby or what? It's a very nice prop even if it wasn't used, though. Looks hand carved from some kind of very hard plastic, polymer or something. It's painted and the microchip lines are precision drawn (and could probably use a good 'minor' paint job to cover up some VERY minor wear). Either way, me and the family are coming to the show and looking forward to meeting all of you!

HologramIAm said:
Ok, well, gee... um, sheesh, D-D-Deborah P-Pratt?? Oh boy. Joy :bow

BTW, Big Al Bri, I live in the Southern Carolina down here :)

Yeah? Where?

I asked Deborah and she doesn't remember a handlink wth anything blue at the top like this one. Maybe someone out there can take a few minutes and see if the DVD's show anything like this?

alsplacebartender said:
Yeah? Where?

I asked Deborah and she doesn't remember a handlink wth anything blue at the top like this one. Maybe someone out there can take a few minutes and see if the DVD's show anything like this?

I live near Greenville.
It was probably never used in the show... I believe someone stated it just looked like the Genesis handlink. Either way, it does not take away from my admiration for this well made prop, and I still intend to bring it with me to the show :lol
And tell Deborah I said thank you if you get the chance. It was worth asking, and she is an angel to respond so quickly :angel