Anyone here got kids on the way?

ChickenStu

Project QL Intern
Nov 8, 2005
Hope this ain't too much of a personal question for any of you guys, but is anyone out there expecting kids? My wife is six months pregnant with my first child, it's due in May. I'm already a step-dad to her 12 year old son.
It's be nice to hear from anyone in the same boat as me, or any experienced Dads who might have advice to pass on. And Mums, (or "Moms" as you macs refer to 'em as!).
Thought this could be a nice off topic thread.

No one in my family is currently pregnant, but my cousin's wife just had their second baby this weekend. They had a baby almost exactly a year ago, but she was still-born. So the birth of their new daughter on Sunday was a glorious occasion.

Oh, and another of my cousins gave birth in the most miraculous way just before New Years..... She had her baby in the shower, and she hadn't even known she was pregnant; she thought she was passing a tumor then out came a baby! Thankfully mother and baby are doing perfectly well. But what a strange miracle!

Joy

Al The Observer said:
I am expecting my tenth grandchild and my first great-grandchild soon. I'll let you guys know when they arrive.
:eek Wow! If you don't mind my asking, Observer, how old are you if you have a great grandchild on the way?

Damon

Al The Observer said:
I'll just put it this way...not nearly as old as people would think. :) My spouse is a bit older than I.
Fair enough. ;)

Dman, after sleeping on it and reading my post again today, I feel it came across as being rather rude. For that, I apologize.

My grandchildren are not "my own"; before we got married several years ago, we agreed that our family would have no "step" children (grandchildren, etc.). So my children and grandchildren and niece and nephew and great nieces and great nephews are mine, and they know it. My great-grandchild will soon find out, as well.

I am technically old enough to have grandchildren of "my own" although the statistical probability of such an occurrence is slim. The statistical probability of any grandchild of "mine" having a child at this time would be nil.

I hope this narrows it down a bit, and again I apologize for the abrupt-sounding nature of the previous post.

Oh, you don't need to apologize. I didn't think you came across as being rude at all. I was just curious when I read that you had a great-grandchild on the way, because my own mental image of a great-grandparent is a person who might not necessarily, um... "embrace" 21st Century technology such as the Internet to chat with people. :p

I just turned 30 in January, and I have an 80-year-old grandmother who'd be lucky if she even knew how to turn a computer on. I was just trying to find a way to inquire about your age without being rude myself. :lol No worries! ;)

Damon

I'm glad. I feel better about that now.

When my 75 year-old grandfather died (he was a great-great because of me), he knew at least as much about the internet and computers as my mother with an engineering degree!

I don't really want to ask anything in particular thanks guys, I'm new to this you see. I was kind of hoping you'd just say the first thing that popped out of your head.
When it comes to asking questions, I wouldn't know where to start!