Enterprise rumor

mstalanon

Project QL Intern
Apr 30, 2002
Independence, MO
www.scifi.com/scifiwire/a....30.rumors

Trek Changes Due?

Cinescape Online is reporting a rumor that an overhaul may be in the works for UPN's lackluster Star Trek: Enterprise. Citing an anonymous source, the site reported that Paramount Television Productions president Garry Hart may make changes to the show's production staff after February sweeps, including the possible replacement of longtime executive producer Rick Berman.

UPN recently announced that it was moving Enterprise to a later timeslot, 9 p.m. Wednesdays, from its current 8 p.m., starting in March.

Actually, I recently read an article (I think it was Starlog magazine) about Jolene Blalock and the outlook on Enterprise's future:

Paramount has now apparently officially reduced the number of episodes this season to 24, instead of the normal 26, and the strong rumor is that UPN intends to wrap up the entire series next season with 24 final episodes, which would bring the total amount of episodes to an even 100 (perfect for syndication).

If that is indeed true, then what could that mean for Scott? Would he be available for the new QL series on a full-time basis come mid-2005?

Could be a distinct possibility... Maybe it would be a little like what they did with Fox Mulder on The X-Files: they spend one season searching for Sam (with Scott making a few cameo appearances here and there) until they bring him back home and/or are able to reestablish a permanent lock on him in time.

Or, perhaps that rumor is premature and, as Matt read, Paramount is simply aiming to out Rick Berman as Executive Producer. If so, then good riddance. Maybe the franchise can be turned over to someone who actually respects Gene Roddenberry's original vision. I mean, after the HUGE disappointment of Star Trek: Nemesis, the series desperately needs new life breathed into it.

DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT NEMESIS SPOILED FOR YOU!!!

ok,

I agree, Nemesis could have been much better...It was Undiscovered Country (Romulans want peace instead of Klingons) meets Wrath Of Khan (big space battle, Data dies instead of Spock with a chance of coming back). ENterprise has so much potential (it did in the beginning of the first season and then it fizzled. WHere are the new worlds, new life and new civilizations? THey should be meeting new races to form the Federation. No character development either. Archer is just a gritty captain whose dad was influential in the ship design. At least in Old Trek, you met some of Kirk's old friends and you leanred a bit about him and you saw the Trinity slowly form betwen him, Spock and McCoy. In Enterprise, Archer, TPol and Trip hang out but what brought them together to bond as shipmates? The characters are very 2 dimensional, I like the show but I don't feel for them much as a viewer.

I stopped watching it after the first show. I was absolutely appauled at the "decontamination" scene, and the thought that they have to have a plastic boobed/lipped vulcan is just idiocy in the extreme!

Star Trek has always pushed the envelope. Troi was sexy, so was Crusher, as were Major Kira and Dax. Janeway was great as a leading lady, and I thought she was sexy, but I got bored with the show after Kes left. And I HATED seven of nine for the same reasons I hate Jolene on the show.

The woman (Jolene) CAN act... Why do people have to do that to themselves... and why can't the show do what it can do best, without having to resort to some sort of blatant sexism?

Assuming that the rumor is true, I cant believe that Berman is leaving. Wasn't he there from the beginning of TNG? It would be great for Quantum Leap's 7th season to get Scott back.:hurray
I think it would be great to have just 1 season of QL without Scott as a regular. That one season would focus on searching for the good Dr. Beckett.

~Steve(aka RossBeckett)
:leap

Matt has a point

:bat

The Rod says that it would be a great shame if Berman were to "get the chop".

He feels that in its second season Enterprise was truer to the Star Trek concept than TNG or VYG. He can see The Mattman's point though.

Perhaps this is the clearest indication of producers using sex to sell their show when they do not need to.

The producers need to understand that they do not need to have T'Pol constantly stripping off, or constantly wearing the tightest fitting clothes she can get her mitts on.

Hang on a minute.....

Allow The Rod to point out here, that He has absolutely NO problem with T'Pol wandering around as if the Enterprise belonged to Hugh Heffner and she had to follow his dress code, hell, lose some more clothes baby, fire up a bubble bath and you and Hoshi have some fun :D

In seriousness, He has to concede that there is little to no need for T'Pol sexing up Enterprise, the story lines, because they are true to Star Trek, are selling themselves (in the humble opinion of The Great One that is)

Just his 3 cents....

Re: Matt has a point

If Scott and Dean returned that would be awesome!!!

I would have liked to have seen Roddy McDowell (St. John) replace Dennis as the Head Programmer but he has passed away as well. It would have been funny if Sam leaped into a chimp again and started stressing out and St. John had to replace Al for the episode and say, "Relax, Samuel, it's just apes, I've had some dealings in this area before."...:b

If QL returns with the original cast, Bellasirio doesn't need to hire writers, he has five seasons worth of material right here...!!!:D

It would have been funny if Sam leaped into a chimp again and started stressing out and St. John had to replace Al for the episode and say, "Relax, Samuel, it's just apes, I've had some dealings in this area before."...

Heh heh, that would have been pretty funny! What could have been even funnier is if one of the other chimps tried to reach out and grab St. John, and he turns around annoyed and says (in his best Charleton Heston impression), "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" Unfortunately, the young 'uns probably wouldn't get either reference. :rolleyes

If QL returns with the original cast, Bellasirio doesn't need to hire writers, he has five seasons worth of material right here...!!!

Imagine how great that would be if DPB decided to incorporate some TVS stories. One can dream...

that WOULD be funny. Even if there were other Planet Of The Apes comments.

I sadly missed when Rodney passed away. I found out about a year or so after the fact! I had always loved the stuff he did. I thought his role as the "Butler" on the Goldie Hawn / Kurt Russell comedy "Overboard" was absolutely terrific. And he made movies up until his death!

Wasn't "A Bug's Life" his last flick??