Episode 211 "The Outsider" synopsis, production photos, and new information!

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
"The Outsider"

An anonymous source sends Ben and an experienced local Denver TV journalist on the trail of a dangerous conspiracy as they pursue the scoop of a lifetime in the early '80s. There's trouble at HQ when Ian's past decisions come back to haunt the team.

This episode airs Tuesday, February 13, at 10pm on NBC!

See much more on our website - click here!

4.jpg11.jpg13.jpg

Last edited:
This episode looked a lot like it was originally designed to undo Tom's wife Kate's death. She had died of cancer which made a simple push her out of the way of the car impossible, but stopping a product from giving thousands cancer is a good way to save a cancer victim. Tom's final conversation with Addison had fate as a major topic and I seriously expected him to invite Addison to dinner with him and Kate.

My guess is that this was the original plan (maybe not dinner invite) but it was scrapped. I am only guessing, but the timing and the Tom's wife arc fit too well.

This episode looked a lot like it was originally designed to undo Tom's wife Kate's death. She had died of cancer which made a simple push her out of the way of the car impossible, but stopping a product from giving thousands cancer is a good way to save a cancer victim. Tom's final conversation with Addison had fate as a major topic and I seriously expected him to invite Addison to dinner with him and Kate.

My guess is that this was the original plan (maybe not dinner invite) but it was scrapped. I am only guessing, but the timing and the Tom's wife arc fit too well.
Oh, great point. That was a missed opportunity if it comes to nothing.

Reactions: alsplacebartender

You know, that didn’t even cross my mind, but it’s a very good point. We don’t know how she contracted cancer. Interesting theory…I honestly don’t think that’s where they were planning to go with Tom’s character, but interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: alsplacebartender
Okay, the ending....
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Magic's head on the proverbial platter better get undone! Although he is woefully underused I ADORE Ernie Hudson and he is one of the reasons I continue watching.

Okay, the ending....
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Magic's head on the proverbial platter better get undone! Although he is woefully underused I ADORE Ernie Hudson and he is one of the reasons I continue watching.
I'm not overly concerned as this kind of thing is a TV trope which usually gets undone by episode's end. It happened to Ben this very episode.

I'm not overly concerned as this kind of thing is a TV trope which usually gets undone by episode's end. It happened to Ben this very episode.
I'd be less concerned if Raymond Lee and Caitlin Bassett weren't teasing huge changes in interviews. lol