Handlink photos New available

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDashbo

Project QL Intern
Apr 13, 2007
Hi guys sorry for the large delay however here are the NEW Gummi Handlinks they are now available and there are only 5 made they are £200 each. let me know who is interested. The lghts are fully random flashing led circuits we had trouble loading the sound onto the board so these are light only.

thanks

Mike
moz-screenshot.jpg

Gummi#1.jpg

Do you have any photos that haven't been digitally edited/enhanced?

Helen

Last edited:
Yes I will have some more photos the image has not been enhanced in any way I have just layed over the pattern of the lights as I am still awaiting the circuit boards which will arrive wed/thursday they will look exactly like that.

Thanks

You also added (digitally painted) the switch into the image, I believe? Is there a reason for that?

Helen

ArtyHelen said:
You also added (digitally painted) the switch into the image, I believe? Is there a reason for that?

Helen

Perhaps I'm just clueless about how a person would be able to tell that from a photo...can you explain why you believe that there has been digital enhancement or digital painting?

As to the handlink's creator...perhaps you could say how the picture was set up (e.g. camera settings?) Not that it would make much sense to me but to someone who knows about such things...it would make more sense to them.

I am a prop builder fo many years this photo has not been digitally painted or enhanced.

Thank you

But Mike, you said in your other post:

I have just layed over the pattern of the lights as I am still awaiting the circuit boards

and now you're saying it's not digitally edited? Please explain?

Helen, I am referring to the Photoshop (or similar program) lens flare tool, which was used to add the "glitzy" lights to the original photo. The button is also definitely painted in afterwards.

Helen

Also, just to illustrate my point, here is a random screencap of the real handlink, followed by a very quick illustration with added lens flare.

Attachments

• handlink.jpg
    handlink.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 62
  • handlinkedited.jpg
    handlinkedited.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 61
MrDashbo said:
Hi guys sorry for the large delay however here are the NEW Gummi Handlinks they are now available and there are only 5 made they are £200 each. let me know who is interested. The lghts are fully random flashing led circuits we had trouble loading the sound onto the board so these are light only.

thanks

Mike
moz-screenshot.jpg

View attachment 156
It's times like this that I curse taxes.
Could you give me the blueprints? I may be able to construct one (I previously was a technical engineer).

The handlinkhas full random flashing light effects when the side button is pressed i am currently working on the first one to have the squeeking noise when it is hit on the side. but at the moment it just flashes. i am about to post some more pictures.

thanks

I'm sorry, but there appears to be a night and day difference between the first picture that was posted and this latest one. They don't even look like the same device at all. The first picture looks a lot more impressive while this one looks rather...well, crappy.

Handlink

I put the two pictures side by side and believe that these are the same. I do believe that once the lights are on, the handlink most likely looks much better (although probably not as good as flashy as when enhanced with photo-shop.) But that's simply my opinion.

It's good to see an honest picture the second time around.

The first picture might have left a lot of buyers disappointed once the handlink arrived, which is why I felt compelled to point out the digital enhancements to the first photo.

Also, the first message claims that the handlinks are "now available", and yet further messages clearly state that parts haven't arrived yet, and certain things are still being "worked on". That is confusing and conflicting, too.

At least now everyone knows what they are getting before they pay.

I agree that they almost look like two different handlinks, Chris, but I think some of that is the fact that it was on blue the first time, which seemed to mess with (or perhaps improve!) the colours of some blocks. And of course the rest of it is due to the digital work.

Helen

Last edited:
Well,

opinions are entitled however if anyone can build a better one i would like to see it.

MrDashbo, opinion is one thing, but fact is another.

It is a fact that you doctored the first image and were not honest about doing so. You don't appear to take any responsibilty for this, or give any explanation...?

No-one, I'm sure, wishes to make you feel offended about the work you have done. But I personally feel you need to represent anything you plan to sell extremely honestly. Otherwise, people won't trust you enough to send you money. (Particularly just from a forum, where the buyer has no protection should the transaction be unsatisfactory.)

Helen

MrDashbo said:
Well, opinions are entitled however if anyone can build a better one i would like to see it.......

Since you asked, here's a few (without digital enhancements): http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/imagingchamber/handlink.htm Just check out the bottom of the page. The last one is the best, IMO.

Mr. Dashbo, since your original photo was indeed doctored and you're giving conflicting info on the sale of your handlink, I'll have to recommend that you put it on ebay or amazon where the buyer has protection should you fail to come through. I can not recommend anyone here buying this directly from you.

alsplacebartender said:
Since you asked, here's a few (without digital enhancements)

If you look at the second to last handlink it is in fact the one i built myself some years ago... the only digital enhancements as you put it are on the light overlay which i did share with everyone.

thanks

And you painted the switch in.
(And you didn't "share" the light overlay until challenged about it.)

Helen

MrDashbo said:
the only digital enhancements as you put it are on the light overlay which i did share with everyone.

thanks

MrDashbo said:
I am a prop builder fo many years this photo has not been digitally painted or enhanced.

Thank you

So that is indeed an acknowledgement that you did lie about the photoshopping. I don't think you'd be able to get away with that quite as easily on eBay or Amazon.com. I'd like to think that you chose to sell the handlinks here because this is where most genuine Quantum Leap fans are, but now I can't help but wonder if it's because any potential buyers have no protection.

I did have an interest in purchasing one when you posted the first picture (which does look very different from the second picture), but I see that the handlink actually appears to be very different (which is why I asked for more pictures as one is never enough). I don't like being deceived (regardless of intentions) and therefore I have to agree with Brian that this would be best sold on eBay.

At this point, members here would have to be crazy to send money with shady circumstances like that. To be lied to and deceived is an insult to the intelligence of every member here.

My final word,

These handinks I have worked very hard to complete, I have not tried to decieve anyone nor have i made any attempt to sell these directly. I am quite supprised to see that someone coming on here with something they worked on to be met with such aggression and insult. i will indeed take these to another place.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.