hi

Mr Questionmark

Project QL Intern
Apr 18, 2007
swindon, wilts, UK
hiya, I am From England, and I am a Trekker, Leaper, Scouter (as in scout leader), and City of Heroes/Villains player (EU).
Its so good to have finally found a forum where I can talk about one of my favourite programmes.

cya on the boards :)

Hi and welcome to the board, not a bad bunch around here. I guess you can say I'm a trekker, leaper and scouter too but only a scouter through my girls, ones a joey and ones a cub. I guess they only have joey's in australia, i don't know what they'd call the 6-8 year olds elsewhere. Our scout pack is the 'Bullsbrook Air Scouts' and the only Air Scouts left in australia. I'd love to send you a piccy of my daughters getting invested (don't know how though), I was very proud!!!

Hello and welcome from the resident :wacko Brit!

Whereabouts are you from? (Most British leapers seem to be either from "UP NORTH" or from the south coast. I'm the odd one from Bedford. (Yeh, I can hear you all saying it - 'very odd'. :lol )

My son is into COH/V as well as WOW.

Looking forward to talking QL with you.

Pull up a barstool and sit a spell.

Mr Qestionmark said:

@ Bexter over here 6-8 yr old scouts are called Beavers :)

I just told my girls that joeys are called beavers in england, they think thats hilarious. Does anyone know what they are called in america? I didn't think there were beavers in england, I'd thought they'd be called squirrels as thats all i saw when i was in England, besides the occasional hedgehog.

Here they are 6-8 Joey's 8 - 10 or 12, Cubs, then scouts then Rangers or Rovers (not sure which) All the leaders have special names, we have Possum, Dingo, Bartoo, Gekko and Python, I think we have some others, Its all alot of fun, my kids just love it and I think its great that the older kids help out the younger kids, its such a positive environment for them to be involved in. I am hoping that my husband will join the RAAF shortly which means we will be moving over east and possibly over seas, My eldest said that she didn't mind moving but didn't want to leave scouts, I said that she'd could joint scouts wherever she goes and get scout badges from all over the world, and now she's all for it.