Opposites attract

cookiemom6067

Project QL Intern
May 13, 2007
Kansas
You can almost guarantee - if Sam complains about how annoying a female is at the beginning, he will be at least kissing her by the end of the episode. :heybaby :dreaming :p

Rachel in "Good Morning, Peoria"
Dana in "Her Charm"
Diane in "A Hunting we will Go"
Tess in "How the Tess was Won"
Vanessa in "Leaping of the Shrew"

and just for a giggle, I include:
Corey in "The Wrong Stuff" :lol

yeah that's why i love his character so. i have not met a man in my 26 years yet i hated him so much i wanted to kiss and make out with. it's unfortunate really. my parents are so opposite...the shy geek with a bad temper (dad) and the outgoing sweetheart (mom). no wonder i occasionally lose my temper, and well, according to everyone "the sweetie."

Yeah thats really is the great thing about Sam,that even in the most annoying or hateful of people he can always find something good in them and even help them show it. I really hope there is a guy out there like Sam waiting for me.

Cory not one, she didn't annoy Sam, he thought she was cute he loved her. He was more annoyed with being in the aura of a chimp. Even Scott loved cory. There was a blooper where he was playing with her on set and Dean is standing next to him and says "Don't you think you're going a little too far" or something simular.

Well, that might be, but he must have been annoyed at being hit with that big splat of GLOP at the beginning (when Corey is "flirting" with "Bobo"). I know I would have been.

My favorite line in that one is when Corey puckered up through the bars and Sam says, "No, thanks, I'm not in the mood."

Actually Cory was flirting with Sam not bobo. remember Animals can see Sam and Al. ;)
That's what makes Cory all the more adorable. She was crushing on Sam! awwww. and who wouldn't, hes such a hunk! :dreaming

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Actually Cory was flirting with Sam not bobo. remember Animals can see Sam and Al. ;)
That's what makes Cory all the more adorable. She was crushing on Sam! awwww. and who wouldn't, hes such a hunk! :dreaming

I know that - I was just quoting the vet.

And he is a hunk - even in a diaper!!!

"And he is a hunk - even in a diaper!!!" oh yeah...i said that even at 10 when i first saw the episode. many of my friends then (but now) never understood that he was and still is. i wonder if chelsea thinks that...too bad we'll never know.

cookiemom6067 said:
And he is a hunk - even in a diaper!!!
Hell yeah! :hurray:
HOTNESSSSSSSS!

cookiemom6067 said:
I know that - I was just quoting the vet.
Oh ok, gotcha sorry I misunderstood that then.

laestrella said:
that he was and still is.

Oh yeah you said it girl. He's still beautiful for his age and Chelsea better see that too the woman is married to him.

Well its about Sam's relationshp to the women on his leaps so I guess thats not somerthing that intrests men as much as it does women hehe.

You know, NBC wanted Bellisario to replace Al with a female observer. And I say that's a load of crap!! You don't have to replace Al. All they really had to do was to add to the already existing cast. They could've went ahead and made a sixth season with Doctors Fuller, Beckett, and Admiral Calavicci. NBC wanted to attract the men as much as the women.

Now, the reason why I am saying this is becuase "Sam Beckett Fan" was saying how hot Bakula was in only a diaper. Imagine seeing some women, although certainly not topless(pity!), in a present day version of Quantum Leap where shows are now showing characters' personal lives. I would enjoy those side stories on QL today. QL is entirely about characters and their lives that Sam is there to change for the better. So, why not see some of Al, Beth and their four daughters(especially the youngest ;) ). Or Sammy Jo and a budding romance for her. She is already married in The Virtual Seasons.

NBC was just trying to pull in more of the male gender to the show by replacing Al with a younger woman observer. That is WRONG! They only needed to add to the existing cast.

~Steve B.

P.S. In physics, opposites do attract. Positive and negative. Stating the obvious like always, but I felt like pointing it out anyway. :b

Replace Al with a woman! That would have really crossed the line. Thank God that didn't happen.

I agree with Steve about showing more of Al and his four Daughters. I think they should have left that scene in Mirror Image where the photo of Ensin Calavicci warped into Al and Beth and the four Daughters. I really think they should have also shown more of the project in seasons 1-3 as well as more of it in seasons 4 and 5. I like seeing the present life in Sam's world as well as the past world where Sam is. And I like seeing the leapees and their point of view from the other side of the leap.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, I have not seen much of Enterprise curtesy of UPN removing it from 11pm on saterdays :mad: it was because of it that I saw a few various eps.

"Enterprise" airs on SciFi Channel Mondays at 7:00 pm. They show four episodes each week. I believe once SciFi started airing it, other syndicated viewings of it were stopped per the contract that the SciFi channel signed.

If you're really interested in seeing it and don't get SciFi channels, there are other options. The DVDs are available for purchase and, if you can't afford that, check you're local library. They can be borrowed. I know of one person who viewed the DVDs this way.

Really, I have a plan to go to the library on Monday I will look into it thanx Julia cuz yes I am afraid I don't get SciFi(anymore anyway) and The first season DVD box set is still on my wish list going on two years now.

re Archer/T'Pol it was my understanding from the few episodes I did see that
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
it was TRIP and T'Pol who ended up having a thing for each other.

RossBeckett said:
To briefly go off topic, when Captain Archer(Scott Bakula) first met T'Pol he wanted to "shove her out an airlock". Why didn't we ever see Archer kiss T'Pol? Well, I should say, that "I" never saw them kiss. I didn't see all of the episodes.

~Steve B.

It was clear that in the 1st season, the creators had half a thought about making T'Pol and Archer a couple that they did not carry through on - they ended up being trusted associates and friends. There was an alternate history episode called "Twilight" (which I recommend - Scott was excellent) that implied a closer relationship.

There was also an episode called "A Night in Sickbay," that featured sexual tension between Archer and T'Pol. The Captain had a suggestive dream about her, but woke up before anything actually happened. He did not act on his feelings because he felt that it would be inappropriate for the captain and someone under his command to have a relationship.

He had a brief liasion with a woman on an alien planet in "Civilization," a dinner date with a spy in "Two Days and Two Nights" and outdoor sex with a fellow captain in "Home," but for the most part, Archer just didn't get any for the whole 4 years. (He and Hoshi had a thing in the Mirror Universe episodes in Season 4, because her role was "Captain's woman," but
she ended up poisoning him and taking over the ship,
so I'm not sure that was a positive development. If it seems like I was keeping careful track of Archer's romantic conquests, you are SO RIGHT!!!!!

The pilot episode had a very cute scene with an alien woman kissing Archer - she appears to be coming on to him, he says "Normally, I would be flattered, but.." and she kisses him. She then
transforms from a very attractive human appearance to a mottled green alien appearance.
Archer's comment is "Well, that never happened before...." :lol

I felt that the creators and writers squandered Scott's talent in this role. He had very little of the appeal of Sam - he was written as a real stiff, actually. Why cast a wonderful actor, with sex appeal galore, and a wonderful sense of humor, just to write him as a block of wood? Especially if a reason for hiring him is to attract his existing fan base. :banghead

They should have, in my opinion, cast him closer to Kirk's mold, but they used Picard as a model (at least in the romantic department). Genuine SHAME.

How I do go on. You hit one of my hot buttons here, I'm afraid. :rolleyes

Umm my sincere Apologies if I sound too moddish I honestly don't intend it but this thread appears to be drifting off, and shouldn't Archer conversation be held in the off-topic realm?

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Umm my sincere Apologies if I sound too moddish I honestly don't intend it but this thread appears to be drifting off, and shouldn't Archer conversation be held in the off-topic realm?

Technically, yes, but is it important? Besides, I wanna play too. :)

I felt that the creators and writers squandered Scott's talent in this role. He had very little of the appeal of Sam - he was written as a real stiff, actually.

I've only seen 2 eps. of Enterprise, but FWIW, I agree. The character just doesn't seem very interesting. (In fact all the characters seem rather colorless.) With Scott's physique, he looks like an action hero type, but as an actor he's at his best in well-written scenes that call for a lot of sensitivity--you know, like they had in Quantum Leap. It looks like they went more for the action-authority figure here and overlooked Scott's real strengths.

cookiemom6067 said:
OK, OK - but RossBeckett did say he was "drifting briefly off topic." So, who wants to drift back on?

Of course he did its not his fault.
But to get us started back on topic, it seems that Sam has some of the biggest impacts on the annoying ones or the ones that won't stop thinking about sex (Diane Mcbride). hehe.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Sam has some of the biggest impacts on the annoying ones or the ones that won't stop thinking about sex (Diane Mcbride). hehe.

Some of the funniest moments in the series were about Sam being cornered by women who really "wanted" him :eek: .

I was just watching "Play Ball" a few days ago and caught something that didn't strike me before:

Regarding the female owner that wanted to "do it" with "Doc" (Sam):

Al: (paraphrase): Oh, FEMALE owner. That's different.

Sam: I don't want to do it - she gives me the creeps.

Al: Well, take a couple of aspirin.:lol

I also thought it was funny that the actress that played the character was the same one that played the Madame in Southern Comforts that was grabbing his crotch after he blew out his birthday candles.

cookiemom6067 said:
I also thought it was funny that the actress that played the character was the same one that played the Madame in Southern Comforts that was grabbing his crotch after he blew out his birthday candles.

Sorry to disagree, m'dear, but two different actresses portrayed these two female characters. According to the Episode Guide/TEA here on Al's place, in "Southern Comforts", Rita Taggart portrayed Marsha, the madam. In "Play Ball", the team owner, Margaret Twilly was portrayed by Maree Cheatham.

I do, agree however, that these particular episodes are two of the funniest of all the QL episodes! :roflmao:

Eleiece

cookiemom6067 said:
Some of the funniest moments in the series were about Sam being cornered by women who really "wanted" him :eek: .

I was just watching "Play Ball" a few days ago and caught something that didn't strike me before:

Regarding the female owner that wanted to "do it" with "Doc" (Sam):

Al: (paraphrase): Oh, FEMALE owner. That's different.

Sam: I don't want to do it - she gives me the creeps.

Al: Well, take a couple of aspirin.:lol

Actually it went

Sam: no no not with him with the owner...the FEMALE owner.
Al: oh the female owner, ok thats perfect. Yeah you sleep with her and you get to start in the game.
Sam: no I don't want to sleep with her she gives me the creeps
Al: well if she gives you the creeps just take a couple of asprin

Sorry I can't help it, I just have to correct no offense intended. :)

sherdran said:
Sorry to disagree, m'dear, but two different actresses portrayed these two female characters. According to the Episode Guide/TEA here on Al's place, in "Southern Comforts", Rita Taggart portrayed Marsha, the madam. In "Play Ball", the team owner, Margaret Twilly was portrayed by Maree Cheatham.

Yeah lol I love Southern Comforts. My BFF and I especially love Al having to remind Sam twice in the ep "Don't hit him Sam" which proves how protective Sam can be of a woman in distress. *sigh* :dreaming

and E is right Cookie its not the same actress, but I have seen her (the female owner in Play Ball) guest appear in non QL related stuff.

I enjoyed her in the Polaner All-Fruit commercials with the Texan "Would ya please pass the jelly!"