Rod Wars

Yup, I saw it when I went to "The Incredibles" Friday night. It was the coolest thing. We had a fairly talkative audience, but the moment those legendary blue words dissolved onto the screen, everything went dead silent and remained so throughout the entire trailer. After it was over, excited whispers pervaded during the rest of the previews.

I am *so* going to be first in line for the midnight showing of ROTS, just like I was for the other two prequels! I can't wait!

Joy

Re: re

I saw it last night....

"Darth Vader?"
"Yes, Master?"
"RISE..!!!!!"

woo-hooooooo

Hopefully looks like it will be more like Attack of the Clones than Phantom Menace...(not a big Phantom Menace fan..the kid and Jar-Jar were annoying and surprisingly, now all the Tattooine stuff seems kinda boring)

Which brings me to this question: How would you rank the movies (From best to least favorite)?

1. BEST - Empire Strikes Back (Epsiode V) - (Good god..really cool...great score, great dramatic moments as you really start to see the characters develope...Han's fate, Luke's destiny, Darth Vader's revelation...Boba Fett...nuff said)
2. Attack of the Clones (Episode II) - (some ppl panned this movie, yeah acting isn't great but the story is decent and the battles are incredible!! YODA KICKS BUTT!!!)
3. Return of the Jedi (Episode VI) - (good conclusion, epic battles, only negatives: you can tell a few of the actors have gotten a little stale in their rolls, er I mean roles..*cough - Harrison...*cough*, and the Ewoks in my mind could never defeat the best Imperial troops (a planet of Wookies would have been cooler than these little plush dolls)
4. A New Hope (Episode IV) - (good introduction to Luke, Leia, and Han...slightly slower paced, and while the Death Star fight was really kick butt in it's day, it seems a little less now as the fight scene at end of Jedi tops it...)
5. LEAST - Phantom Menace (Episode I) - (movie does serve it's purpose as Chapter I of a larger whole as it sets up the next five installments, but a little too kiddie cartoonish at times and the kid (Jake Lloyd) and Jar-Jar kinda detract a bit...More talk than action thru first 2/3 of the film (except for pod race) and the midi-chlorian thing makes Anakin out to be a Christ figure...tough to swallow...)

ok-time for your lists!!!!!!

Ohh, thank you! I saw the teaser trailer thursday night (on television), but I didn't realize that I was catching the very first play of it, and when I went online to see it again I couldn't find it anywhere! I know for a fact I'll be in line the day before this movie comes out...maybe even spend the night out there for this one. :D

Hmm, I think the order for me goes something like this:

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Some of the greatest movie scenes and quotes of all time! "I am your father!" "No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - I like this one about equally with A New Hope, but it makes me happy to see everything resolved. And Ewoks have great taste in men ... for dinner. ;)

Episode IV: A New Hope - Love it, love it! Of course I love it. How can a person not love the beginning of Star Wars? "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Episode II: Attack of the Clones - LOVE kick butt yoda, and Ani starts to look like he could be capable of trying to take over the universe.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace - I like this one, but I don't love it as much as the others. I do love Obi-Wan, though.

-Biridox

Ah, but only if you're in the same time zone....whoever's furthest east will actually be first. :lol

Time zones!

I guess I'd be first then, if it was coming out in Korea [GMT+0900] on the same day!! Unfortunately, the movie is only being released that day in North America (USA and Canada), correct? So if anybody lives in Newfoundland [GMT-0330] , they would be first. :b Next in line would be those in the Maratime provinces (Atlantic Timezone [GMT-0400] ), and then next would be the huge Eastern Timezone [GMT-0500] .

... Mike. ^_^

(EDIT: 0] turns into an alien... I didn't want that.)

Re: Time zones!

Well, what can I say...

I am a great fan of those movies, and even though I have never read any books, I am reading a few Fan-Fictions as well as writing my own (if anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate any help you could offer me figuring out what happends in episode III (because my story is a post-ep3 alternate universe) I'll be very glad for ANY help... I'm pretty desperate right now...).

Anyways, I probably won't get in queue to watch it (I have other things to do...) since my best friend (the REAL SW fan of the two) will still be in Madrid and I have always watched it with her, but I'll probably go watch in the two weeks following its release.

My fav list as follows:
1. ESB
2. ROTJ
3. AOTC
4. ANH
5. PM

Hopefully, ROTS will take place among the top three. I have seen only parts of the trailer as I zapped along the channels, but I'll sure DL to check it out better.

MTFBWY,

Clara